CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 7/28/2021  (Read 4156 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/28/2021
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2021, 05:32:25 PM »

At least I'm enjoying cutting the lawn.
That's the way to do it, Rick.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »

That's a quality mowing stick.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »

ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill dies at 72.
Am I the only one who finds it strange that the only thing being said about it is that he died in his sleep? Arguably the best way to die but they make it seem like he was 92. Days ago, their gig was cancelled because he had a hip issue. There is more to this story.
Sure.  But it may be as simple as a stroke or thrombosis.  A blood clot is frequently the cause of death when 72-year-olds injure a hip.
That sounds right but I always imagine something more nefarious when they don't say.
Well, he had Hepatitis C as well.  Between that and the hip injury, which originally dated to 2014, his health wasn't great.  And Big-time Rock and Roll is a physically and mentally corrosive business unless you work very, very hard to counteract it's corrosive effects.  It's long hours of riding on buses and planes, questionable food, long hours, strange hours, meets-and-greets, interviews, hotels, and the constant pressure of keeping an eye on the money and avoiding the temptations that can ruin you.  And that's if you actually ARE avoiding the temptations.  People often don't realize that when Mark Knopfler wrote "Money for Nothing," it was a sarcastic joke.  It's a brutal bidness.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:05 PM »

That's a quality mowing stick.
Yeah. Life's too short for short filler.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2021, 07:32:44 PM »

Am I the only one who finds it strange that the only thing being said about it is that he died in his sleep? Arguably the best way to die but they make it seem like he was 92. Days ago, their gig was cancelled because he had a hip issue. There is more to this story.
Sure.  But it may be as simple as a stroke or thrombosis.  A blood clot is frequently the cause of death when 72-year-olds injure a hip.
That sounds right but I always imagine something more nefarious when they don't say.
Well, he had Hepatitis C as well.  Between that and the hip injury, which originally dated to 2014, his health wasn't great.  And Big-time Rock and Roll is a physically and mentally corrosive business unless you work very, very hard to counteract it's corrosive effects.  It's long hours of riding on buses and planes, questionable food, long hours, strange hours, meets-and-greets, interviews, hotels, and the constant pressure of keeping an eye on the money and avoiding the temptations that can ruin you.  And that's if you actually ARE avoiding the temptations.  People often don't realize that when Mark Knopfler wrote "Money for Nothing," it was a sarcastic joke.  It's a brutal bidness.

I knew the Knopfler story. Mick Jagger makes it look easy.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »

Mick Jagger takes doctors, chefs, physical trainers, yoga instructors, and a gym on the road.  He works very hard at counteracting the rigors of touring. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2021, 07:54:29 PM »

Mick Jagger takes doctors, chefs, physical trainers, yoga instructors, and a gym on the road.  He works very hard at counteracting the rigors of touring.
ROCK AND ROLL!!!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »

ROCK AND ROLL!!!
At the same time, their 2015 contract rider specified that the hotel bar had to stay open, at least to them, 24 hours a day.  So...the Stones are the exception to every rule.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2021, 09:10:40 PM »

Stogies with the boy after dinner. Cigar is an EPC Pledge.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2021, 09:13:06 PM »

Stogies with the boy after dinner. Cigar is an EPC Pledge.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2021, 09:17:57 PM »

Papi Chulo and Olympic golf

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]