CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 7/27/2021  (Read 3457 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/27/2021
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »

Afternoon!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »

Afternoon!
That's a very fine cigar. In a league of its own.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2021, 02:46:46 PM »

I tell ya the restaurant and fast food business is absolutely horrible. No one wants to work. The service is horrible and the food ain't what it used to be. Restaurants closing left and right around here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2021, 02:53:12 PM »

Afternoon!
That's a very fine cigar. In a league of its own.
I agree. I'm a definitely a fan of the Sobremesa. Dunbarton, Foundation... Some good stuff has come from former Drew Estate folks.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 02:58:18 PM »

I tell ya the restaurant and fast food business is absolutely horrible. No one wants to work. The service is horrible and the food ain't what it used to be. Restaurants closing left and right around here.
It's a tough business, I know. Not sure you can lump restaurant workers and fast food workers in the same category though.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2021, 04:25:44 PM »

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »

It's a tough business, I know. Not sure you can lump restaurant workers and fast food workers in the same category though.
Both have been unable to get and keep employees. My experiences have been less than a acceptable since Covid. Coincidence? I don't think so

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »

Both have been unable to get and keep employees. My experiences have been less than a acceptable since Covid. Coincidence? I don't think so
You might be right. In general, I've had shitty experiences with fast food pre, during, and I suspect post pandemic. We don't go out a lot but usually have decent experience in sit-down dining restaurants. As in all things, your mileage may vary.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2021, 07:13:44 PM »

I was discussing this with the wife yesterday after the takeout place screwed up our order (like practically all of them have since covid). The problem is that the good employees had time away from their jobs during the shut down and realized they don't want to go back working for a shitty wage and waiting on shittier people, so they've quit and are looking elsewhere. Which leaves only the bad employees. She works in a restaurant and said that everyone who didn't come back after the reopening was a good, tenured worker. So now we're left with the crap at the bottom of the employment pond.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2021, 07:39:33 PM »

I was discussing this with the wife yesterday after the takeout place screwed up our order (like practically all of them have since covid). The problem is that the good employees had time away from their jobs during the shut down and realized they don't want to go back working for a shitty wage and waiting on shittier people, so they've quit and are looking elsewhere. Which leaves only the bad employees. She works in a restaurant and said that everyone who didn't come back after the reopening was a good, tenured worker. So now we're left with the crap at the bottom of the employment pond.
There ya have it!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »

Starting the evening off with La Coalicion.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »

MOW Abomination.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]