Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:49 AM »

In 1975, a bomb exploded inside the U.S. State Department in Washington, causing considerable damage, but injuring no one; the radical group Weather Underground claimed responsibility.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:19 AM »

In 1990, former Exxon Valdez (val-DEEZ') skipper Joseph Hazelwood went on trial in Anchorage, Alaska, on charges stemming from the 1989 oil spill. (Hazelwood was acquitted of the major charges, and convicted of a misdemeanor.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:49 AM »

In 1995, the San Francisco 49ers became the first team in NFL history to win five Super Bowl titles, beating the San Diego Chargers, 49-26, in Super Bowl XXIX.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:21 AM »

In 1998, a bomb rocked an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama, killing security guard Robert Sanderson and critically injuring nurse Emily Lyons. (The bomber, Eric Rudolph, was captured in May 2003 and is serving a life sentence.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 03:35:10 AM »

Ten years ago: Jetliners from China landed in rival Taiwan for the first time in 56 years. Serena Williams defeated Lindsay Davenport 2-6, 6-3, 6-0 in the Australian Open final. Ashley McElhiney, the first female coach of a men's pro basketball team, was fired after an on-court dispute with Sally Anthony, co-owner of the Nashville Rhythm of the ABA. Irina Slutskaya won a sixth title at the European Figure Skating Championships
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 03:36:09 AM »

Five years ago: In a remarkably sharp face-to-face confrontation, President Barack Obama chastised Republican lawmakers during a GOP event in Baltimore for opposing him on taxes, health care and the economic stimulus, while they accused him in turn of brushing off their ideas and driving up the national debt. A jury in Wichita, Kansas, swiftly convicted abortion opponent Scott Roeder of murder in the shooting death of Dr. George Tiller, one of the only doctors to offer late-term abortions in the U.S. Haitian authorities detained 10 U.S. Baptist missionaries who were transporting 33 children to a Dominican Republic orphanage, though as it turned out, most of the children had living parents; all of the Ameri
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 03:36:33 AM »

One year ago: The state of Missouri executed Herbert Smulls for the 1991 slaying of jeweler Stephen Honickman in suburban St. Louis.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 03:37:18 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Writer-composer-lyricist Leslie Bricusse is 84. Feminist author Germaine Greer is 76. Actress Katharine Ross is 75. Feminist author Robin Morgan is 74. Actor Tom Selleck is 70. Rhythm-and-blues singer Bettye LaVette is 69. Actor Marc Singer is 67. Actress Ann Jillian is 65. Rock musician Louie Perez (Los Lobos) is 62. Rhythm-and-blues/funk singer Charlie Wilson is 62. Talk show host Oprah Winfrey is 61. Actor Terry Kinney (TV: "Black Box"; "Oz") is 61. Country singer Irlene Mandrell is 59. Actress Diane Delano is 58. Actress Judy Norton Taylor (TV: "The Waltons") is 57. Rock musician Johnny Spampinato is 56. Olympic gold-medal diver Greg Louganis is 55. Rock musician David Baynton-Power (James) is 54. Rock musician Eddie Jackson (Queensryche) is 54. Actor Nicholas Turturro is 53. Rock singer-musician Roddy Frame (Aztec Camera) is 51. Actor-director Edward Burns is 47. Actress Heather Graham is 45. U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is 45. Actor Sharif Atkins is 40. Actress Sara Gilbert is 40. Actor Justin Hartley is 38. Actor Sam Jaeger is 38. Actor Andrew Keegan is 36. Actor Jason James Richter is 35. Blues musician Jonny Lang is 34. Pop-rock singer Adam Lambert (TV: "American Idol") is 33.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 03:38:12 AM »

Thought for Today: "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." — Robert Frost, American poet (born 1874, died this date in 1963).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 03:39:14 AM »

--------------------
Two Wishes
-------------------------

A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him.

As he sits, the waitress comes over and asks for their orders.

The man says, "I'll have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and turns to the
ostrich, "What's yours?"

"I'll have the same," says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be $6.40
please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change
for payment.

The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "I'll
have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and the ostrich says, "I'll have the
same."

Once again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This becomes a routine until late one evening, the two enter again.

"The usual?" asks the waitress. "No, this is Friday night, so I will have a
steak, baked potato and salad," says the man, "same for me," says the
ostrich.

A short time later the waitress comes with the order and says, "That will be
$12.62."Once again the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and places
it on the table.

The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer.

"Excuse me, sir.How do you manage to always come up with the exact change
out of your pocket every time?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and I
found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two
wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would
just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be
there."

"That's brilliant!"says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a million
dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long
as you live!"

"That's right. Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact
money is always there," says the man.

The waitress asks, "One other thing, sir, what's with the ostrich?"

The man sighs, pauses, and answers, "My second wish was for a tall chick
with long legs who agrees with everything I say."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 03:57:35 AM »

Guess I will take a nap and hope for a deal change.

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 04:40:08 AM »

Kuba Kuba

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 04:41:32 AM »

Chip is taking a nap and I woke up at 3:00 and can't go back to sleep.  The world seems upside down!

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 04:44:38 AM »

How about that, another Jam.
Come on Cuarenta's for Raz!
Indeed, Raz needs those Cuarenta's.  But they need to show up on Pacific Time operating hours!

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 05:06:41 AM »

Amazing, after no sales in an hour they took the Kuba Kuba's down.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23