Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
7/26/2021
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:03:47 AM »

Happy Monday! Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:32:46 AM »

Happy(ish) Monday, all.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 05:56:33 AM »

No more jam Monday!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 06:02:50 AM »

No more jam Monday!
CI spent its load over the weekend, it seems.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 06:37:25 AM »

No more jam Monday!
CI spent its load over the weekend, it seems.
It was interesting enough. I suspect maybe they'll have another on Wednesday.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 06:37:47 AM »

How was your weekend, LTG?

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 06:39:16 AM »

JoeCigar:

Man O' War Robusto (5.5"x50) - 10 / $39.99

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 06:40:12 AM »

How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 06:44:15 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 06:49:03 AM »

How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?
I didn't golf either but I had a very nice weekend. Got some things done around the house but also some quality time with the family. I think the drive-in was the highlight. We saw Ocean's 8 again. The kids get a kick out of watching their uncle on the big screen with him sitting next to them. I can't believe the residuals he sees from that small part.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 06:59:22 AM »

How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?
I didn't golf either but I had a very nice weekend. Got some things done around the house but also some quality time with the family. I think the drive-in was the highlight. We saw Ocean's 8 again. The kids get a kick out of watching their uncle on the big screen with him sitting next to them. I can't believe the residuals he sees from that small part.
Yeah, I'll bet that's a trip for them. And a nice little check every now and then is a bonus for him, as well.

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 07:01:39 AM »

Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 07:11:24 AM »

Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.
So what all is being replaced? Only clubs I've ever bought were from a garage sale for $15. They included 3 woods, 8 irons, a pitching wedge, and a putter. Eventually, I replaced the putter with a Ping my brother gave me.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 07:27:42 AM »

Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.
So what all is being replaced? Only clubs I've ever bought were from a garage sale for $15. They included 3 woods, 8 irons, a pitching wedge, and a putter. Eventually, I replaced the putter with a Ping my brother gave me.
I'm replacing my 4-hybrid and my irons, which are 5-PW. Same driver, 4-wood and wedges. Already got a new putter earlier this summer.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 08:30:26 AM »

I should really find my clubs... And then throw them out. I'm sure that golf bag has been a home for many generations of squirrels.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7