Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:13 PM »

My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
Money well spent. Had a pair of shoes made for me once and they lasted me for decades.

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2021, 07:08:50 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »

We can't get this close to 8 pages and not follow through.
Easy peazy.

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »

Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:42 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2021, 07:17:39 PM »

My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
I've thought about getting a custom-made suit, but since I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn a suit in the last 5 years, didn't seem worth it.
I wear a suit about 5 times a year.  Christmas, Easter, the odd date to the Symphony, and any weddings or funerals I do.  Probably isn't worth the money, but I had the money, so I did it.
I hear you. I don't need a new set of irons, not really, but I'm going for it anyways.

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:00 PM »

The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them.

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.
Worth the price of admission right there.

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:43 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2021, 07:19:53 PM »

Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
They're starting to bring us back next month, but have given us the option to stay home until the end of the year if we choose. Obviously, that's what I'm choosing.

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:30 PM »

The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them.

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.
Don't think they've said what our policy will be, if any. They're usually pretty lax about stuff like that, going back to the days of Peter B. smoking his way around the world. We shall see.

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:48 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.
TWHS?

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2021, 07:23:14 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.
TWSS?

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »

Also on Friday, kids have another sleepover cause I'm doing a round of moonlight golf with Nate (which sounds a lot sexier than intended), providing the weather holds out.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8