CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 7/21/2021  (Read 5787 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/21/2021
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:13 PM »

My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
Money well spent. Had a pair of shoes made for me once and they lasted me for decades.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2021, 07:08:50 PM »

On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »

We can't get this close to 8 pages and not follow through.
Easy peazy.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »

Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:42 PM »

That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2021, 07:17:39 PM »

My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
I've thought about getting a custom-made suit, but since I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn a suit in the last 5 years, didn't seem worth it.
I wear a suit about 5 times a year.  Christmas, Easter, the odd date to the Symphony, and any weddings or funerals I do.  Probably isn't worth the money, but I had the money, so I did it.
I hear you. I don't need a new set of irons, not really, but I'm going for it anyways.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:00 PM »

The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them. 

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »

If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.
Worth the price of admission right there.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:43 PM »

That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2021, 07:19:53 PM »

Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
They're starting to bring us back next month, but have given us the option to stay home until the end of the year if we choose. Obviously, that's what I'm choosing.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:30 PM »

The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them. 

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.
Don't think they've said what our policy will be, if any. They're usually pretty lax about stuff like that, going back to the days of Peter B. smoking his way around the world. We shall see.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:48 PM »

TWHS?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2021, 07:23:14 PM »

TWSS?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »

Also on Friday, kids have another sleepover cause I'm doing a round of moonlight golf with Nate (which sounds a lot sexier than intended), providing the weather holds out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8