Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

  • Administrator
1/28/2015
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:00:04 AM »

If I had time to set this site up the way that I wanted, I would provide a link in the corner to help support my buddy, Rich.  Instead, I'm gonna post this link as the first post for the next 10 days.  It's to support him in his upcoming race where he will represent the U.S.A. in the "2015  International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) 24 Hour World Championships".

Just to give you a little background, Rich and I have known one another for about 15 years.  We competed as a team a number of years back in a company weight loss challenge and we won.  During the course of that challenge, I introduced Rich to running.  He did his first 5K with me that year.  Since then Rich has gone on to become an ultra marathoner who has competed in races too extreme for even the most die-hard gym-goer; seven marathons, two 50-milers, three 100-milers, and two 24-hour races (not a typo).  Recently, he qualified for the USA Track & Field 24-hour race team.

Please consider supporting Rich Riopel at the (IAU) 24 Hour World Championship in Torino, Italy on April 11-12, 2015 by making a donation and/or getting a tee shirt from:

http://booster.com/runrichrun

Let Donna know that I sent you and I'll be sure to take care of the shipping.

-Antnee

PS   He doesn't smoke when he's training, which is most of the time, but Rich is a Brother of the Leaf.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »

Good morning guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »

[...]

Damn, 24 hours of running takes a real man for sure.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:43:13 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Jan. 28, the 28th day of 2015. There are 337 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:15 AM »

Today's Highlights in History:

On Jan. 28, 1915, the United States Coast Guard was created as President Woodrow Wilson signed a bill merging the Life-Saving Service and Revenue Cutter Service. The American merchant vessel SS William P. Frye, en route to England with a cargo of wheat, became the first U.S. ship to be sunk during World War I by a German cruiser, the SS Prinz Eitel Friedrich, even though the United States was not at war.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:41 AM »

On this date:
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 02:47:09 AM »

In 1547, England's King Henry VIII died; he was succeeded by his 9-year-old son, Edward VI.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 02:48:01 AM »

In 1813, the novel "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen was first published anonymously in London.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:48:47 AM »

In 1909, the United States withdrew its forces from Cuba as Jose Miguel Gomez became president.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:49:21 AM »

In 1939, Irish poet-dramatist William Butler Yeats died in Menton, France.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 02:49:57 AM »

In 1945, during World War II, Allied supplies began reaching China over the newly reopened Burma Road.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »

In 1956, Elvis Presley made his first national TV appearance on "Stage Show," a CBS program hosted by Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:55 AM »

In 1962, the last of Washington, D.C.'s original streetcars made its final run.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:18 AM »

In 1973, a cease-fire officially went into effect in the Vietnam War.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:47 AM »

In 1977, actor-comedian Freddie Prinze, 22, co-star of the NBC-TV show "Chico and the Man," shot and mortally wounded himself at the Beverly Comstock Hotel (he died the following day).
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17