Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »

Ten years ago: Rupert Murdoch accepted the resignation of The Wall Street Journal’s publisher, Les Hinton, and the chief of his British operations, Rebekah Brooks, as the once-defiant media mogul struggled to control an escalating phone hacking scandal. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announced they were breaking up after seven years of marriage.

Five years ago: Donald Trump chose Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, an experienced politician with deep Washington connections, as his running mate.

One year ago: George Floyd’s family filed a lawsuit against the city of Minneapolis and the four police officers charged in his death, alleging the officers violated Floyd’s rights when they restrained him and that the city allowed a culture of excessive force, racism and impunity to flourish in its police force. (The city would agree to pay $27 million to settle the lawsuit in March 2021.) As coronavirus cases surged to record levels in the Los Angeles area, organizers canceled the 2021 New Year’s Day Rose Parade in Pasadena for the first time in 75 years. Walmart became the largest retailer to require customers to wear face coverings at all of its stores. Thousands of auto racing fans gathered at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee for a NASCAR All-Star race, the nation’s largest sporting event since the pandemic began; it was won by Chase Elliott.

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Patrick Wayne is 82.
R&B singer Millie Jackson is 77.
Rock singer-musician Peter Lewis (Moby Grape) is 76.
Singer Linda Ronstadt is 75.
Rock musician Artimus Pyle is 73.
Arianna Huffington, co-founder of The Huffington Post, is 71.
Actor Celia Imrie is 69.
Actor Terry O’Quinn is 69.
Rock singer-musician David Pack is 69.
Rock musician Marky Ramone is 69.
Rock musician Joe Satriani is 65.
Country singer-songwriter Mac McAnally is 64.
Model Kim Alexis is 61.
Actor Willie Aames is 61.
Actor-director Forest Whitaker is 60.
Actor Lolita Davidovich is 60.
Actor Shari Headley is 58.
Actor Brigitte Nielsen is 58.
Rock musician Jason Bonham is 55.
Actor Amanda Foreman is 55.
R&B singer Stokley (Mint Condition) is 54.
Actor-comedian Eddie Griffin is 53.
Actor Reggie Hayes is 52.
Actor-screenwriter Jim Rash is 50.
Rock musician John Dolmayan is 49.
Actor Scott Foley is 49.
Actor Brian Austin Green is 48.
Rapper Jim Jones is 45.
Actor Diane Kruger is 45.
Actor Lana Parrilla (LAH’-nuh pa-REE’-uh) is 44.
Rock musician Ray Toro (My Chemical Romance) is 44.
Actor Laura Benanti is 42.
Actor Travis Fimmel is 42.
Actor Taylor Kinney is 40.
Actor-singer Tristan “Mack” Wilds is 32.
Actor Medalion Rahimi is 29.
Actor Iain Armitage (TV: “Big Little Lies” “Young Sheldon”) is 13.

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2021, 10:28:03 AM »

Page 3 lull?

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2021, 10:41:09 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 10:46:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 10:47:29 AM »

good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
But is she hot?

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 10:49:35 AM »

Page 3 lull?
Work interruption.  Coupla my guys were up most of the night dealing with an upgrade that was problematic.

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 11:03:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2021, 11:28:01 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2021, 11:29:05 AM »

54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.
No, the nightmare part is how excited you were listening to him.

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2021, 12:06:14 PM »

Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.
No, the nightmare part is how excited you were listening to him.
That wouldn't be a nightmare, that would just be absurdity.

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »

good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6