Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2021, 05:23:17 PM »

Thought we'd be close to page 4 after I took my little break.
Ever the optimist.
If I were a betting man, I'd say we won't reach Page 4 at all today.
I am a betting man...and I say we do.
Here, I'll help.  This is the latest evolutionary step of the new guitar rig.
Still jammin'/writing or has the warden returned?
The warden returns on Friday, but that doesn't impact the jamming and writing.  It just means I have to get this rig out of the family room.  It will be ensconced in the rehearsal space tomorrow afternoon.

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2021, 05:45:08 PM »

Thought we'd be close to page 4 after I took my little break.
Ever the optimist.
If I were a betting man, I'd say we won't reach Page 4 at all today.
I am a betting man...and I say we do.
Here, I'll help.  This is the latest evolutionary step of the new guitar rig.
Looks fancy enough, that's for sure.
It repurposes old gear that is just sitting to build a rig around a new preamp I bought. I don't sell gear, because whenever I do, something comes up where I need it and then it costs more to get.
Repurposing parts to repair other gear, I like it.
As a guitarist, I function more like a studio musician than a performing artist.  My projects usually require specific gear choices.  Playing with a classic rock cover band demands different types of amplifiers and effects processing than playing with a modern hard-rock band writing original songs.  Playing worship music from traditional to modern in a church is another set of considerations altogether.  As all of these evolve gear gets swapped out or upgraded.  Some pieces work across contexts, other pieces go into the studio, or they go on the shelf. In this case, I found a modular preamp and amplifier for a very good price which I knew would be a good fit for the hard-rock band.  But it needed power-conditioning, effects processing, and speakers.  So stuff got pulled off the shelf, pulled out of storage, tuned up, wired together, and dialed in to function as a system.

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »

Had to jump start the wife's car this morning. Did the same a few months back but then everything seemed fine. This time, it needs to be jumped each time I turn it off - even after running for an hour. Would you believe it, it's still under warranty! Unfortunately it was too late in the day and they wouldn't even look at it until tomorrow. Oh well, I'll have to be Mr. Uber tomorrow morning.
Just jump it, send her on her way and when they fix it she can come back.

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2021, 08:47:47 PM »

[...]
Saxophone and clarinet are so much easier, pack 'em up, get a couple of extra reeds and I'm good to go.

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »

Very pleased with this AJ cigar.

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2021, 08:53:11 PM »

Very pleased with this AJ cigar.
Noted.

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2021, 08:55:36 PM »

[...]
I use to play in Jr. High. Kinda wish I had stuck with it. My one son has been playing sax for a couple of years now. Still very screechy but definitely improving.

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2021, 09:02:24 PM »

Doesn't look like you're getting much of a break from the heat Raz.  Or the wildfires...

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »

Very pleased with this AJ cigar.
Noted.
I would say similar to EPC's La Careme (Four Kicks)

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2021, 10:08:12 PM »

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2021, 10:08:15 PM »

2sday letdown lull?

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2021, 10:19:15 PM »

2sday letdown lull?
I'm looking at the glass half full. Didn't expect this many posts today with such meh offerings.

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2021, 11:20:50 PM »

Oldie but goodie.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]