Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2021, 09:56:01 AM »

And let's just bring it to Page 3 for ClemsonDave's entrance...

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if it ships from France or somewhere here.
I'm either going to buy something and ship it to my sister in Italy. Or donate the balance to charity. Not sure what else I can do with it.
Just for giggles, I can try buying something and having it shipped here. Unfortunately, I don't have Prime on that account.
D'oh!
I'd say I was shocked by all this.  But my sister was a financial analyst at Amazon for several years, so I know what a tangled mess of systems Amazon is.

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2021, 09:57:45 AM »

And let's just bring it to Page 3 for ClemsonDave's entrance...
He's late.

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »

And let's just bring it to Page 3 for ClemsonDave's entrance...
He's late.
He's on #RetiredTime so he can't be late.

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2021, 10:13:44 AM »

Good morning, post whores. Eleven pages yesterday, wow! It was looking like the old days.
My admittedly quick scrolling back took me all the way to 7/17/20 as the last time we hit 11 pages.
That sounds about right. All it takes is more banterers.
What a concept!

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2021, 10:14:33 AM »

Good morning, post whores. Eleven pages yesterday, wow! It was looking like the old days.
We were on fire. Which was nearly literal in Raz's case.
And it seemed to be Banter homecoming.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2021, 10:15:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos. It was 97° at 8:30 last night. By midnight it was 72°. When I snapped awake at 3:55 it was 62°.

That high-pressure shit can get bent.
So what three cigars did you have to usher in the change?

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave. We gave you some catching up homework to do. You're almost done...

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2021, 10:20:18 AM »

And let's just bring it to Page 3 for ClemsonDave's entrance...
Appreciate that.  I can just saunter in and put it on cruise control.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2021, 10:21:53 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave. We gave you some catching up homework to do. You're almost done...
Really, three whole pages to wade through.  Almost as much as is in the daily newspaper these days.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2021, 10:32:17 AM »

And let's just bring it to Page 3 for ClemsonDave's entrance...
He's late.
And you're EARLY!

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »

Current offer from SBC

30 + 5 Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight we have one special on the categories below!

Nat Sherman
Nub
Oliva

CODE: NNO = 30% off plus 5% reward points on above categories!

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2021, 10:38:09 AM »

Today is Tuesday, June 29, the 180th day of 2021.
There are 185 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On June 29, 1927, the first trans-Pacific airplane flight was completed as U.S. Army Air Corps Lt. Lester J. Maitland and Lt. Albert F. Hegenberger arrived at Wheeler Field in Hawaii aboard the Bird of Paradise, an Atlantic-Fokker C-2, after flying 2,400 miles from Oakland, California, in 25 hours, 50 minutes.

On this date:

In 1520, Montezuma II, the ninth and last emperor of the Aztecs, died in Tenochtitlan (tay-nohch-TEET’-lahn) under unclear circumstances (some say he was killed by his own subjects; others, by the Spanish).

In 1613, London’s original Globe Theatre, where many of Shakespeare’s plays were performed, was destroyed by a fire sparked by a cannon shot during a performance of “Henry VIII.”

In 1767, Britain approved the Townshend Revenue Act, which imposed import duties on glass, paint, oil, lead, paper and tea shipped to the American colonies. (Colonists bitterly protested, prompting Parliament to repeal the duties — except for tea.)

In 1776, the Virginia state constitution was adopted, and Patrick Henry was made governor.

In 1946, authorities in British-ruled Palestine arrested more than 2,700 Jews in an attempt to stamp out extremists.

In 1956, film star Marilyn Monroe married playwright Arthur Miller in a civil ceremony in White Plains, New York. (The couple also wed in a Jewish ceremony on July 1; the marriage lasted 4 1/2 years).

In 1967, Jerusalem was re-unified as Israel removed barricades separating the Old City from the Israeli sector.

In 1970, the United States ended a two-month military offensive into Cambodia.

In 1972, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a trio of death sentences, saying the way they had been imposed constituted cruel and unusual punishment. (The ruling prompted states to effectively impose a moratorium on executions until their capital punishment laws could be revised.)

In 1995, the space shuttle Atlantis and the Russian Mir space station linked in orbit, beginning a historic five-day voyage as a single ship. A department store in Seoul (sohl), South Korea, collapsed, killing at least 500 people. Actor Lana Turner died in Century City, California, at age 74.

In 2006, the Supreme Court ruled, 5-3, that President George W. Bush’s plan to try Guantanamo Bay detainees in military tribunals violated U.S. and international law.

In 2009, disgraced financier Bernard Madoff received a 150-year sentence for his multibillion-dollar fraud. (Madoff died in prison in April 2021.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9