Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 07:28:49 AM »

Morning, muchachos. It was 97° at 8:30 last night. By midnight it was 72°. When I snapped awake at 3:55 it was 62°.

That high-pressure shit can get bent.
Did all the windows in the house shatter?
They were all open, as was every door, with fans going full tilt to pump heat out...so no.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 07:30:39 AM »

Happy early Tuesday morning to you, Raz. Did you wind up taking today off?
Nah. The drop wasn't as rapid as they suggested, and my ADD kicked in. I went to  bed. Taking tomorrow afternoon off to jam with the band.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »

Morning, muchachos. It was 97° at 8:30 last night. By midnight it was 72°. When I snapped awake at 3:55 it was 62°.

That high-pressure shit can get bent.
Did all the windows in the house shatter?
They were all open, as was every door, with fans going full tilt to pump heat out...so no.
I'm just imagining like pyrex going from oven to fridge. Of course, it only felt that extreme but I do know windows weren't going to shatter.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 07:33:27 AM »

Happy early Tuesday morning to you, Raz. Did you wind up taking today off?
Nah. The drop wasn't as rapid as they suggested, and my ADD kicked in. I went to  bed. Taking tomorrow afternoon off to jam with the band.
That sounds like a good plan too.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 07:34:41 AM »

Supposed to hit 91 today, which still won't be fun but will suck far less than 108.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 07:35:22 AM »

Morning, muchachos. It was 97° at 8:30 last night. By midnight it was 72°. When I snapped awake at 3:55 it was 62°.

That high-pressure shit can get bent.
Did all the windows in the house shatter?
They were all open, as was every door, with fans going full tilt to pump heat out...so no.
I'm just imagining like pyrex going from oven to fridge. Of course, it only felt that extreme but I do know windows weren't going to shatter.
I knew you were kidding.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »

Supposed to hit 91 today, which still won't be fun but will suck far less than 108.
After all, it's summer!

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2021, 07:36:57 AM »

Well Bret, if I were you I'd head back to bed for a bit.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2021, 07:46:53 AM »

Well Bret, if I were you I'd head back to bed for a bit.
I'm in bed. But going back to sleep isn't likely. So think I'll shower and get an early start. I'll take a long lunch and grab a nap.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »

Morning, muchachos. It was 97° at 8:30 last night. By midnight it was 72°. When I snapped awake at 3:55 it was 62°.

That high-pressure shit can get bent.
Did all the windows in the house shatter?
CNS

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 09:02:37 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if it ships from France or somewhere here.

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2021, 09:14:46 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if it ships from France or somewhere here.
I'm either going to buy something and ship it to my sister in Italy. Or donate the balance to charity. Not sure what else I can do with it.

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2021, 09:16:29 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if it ships from France or somewhere here.
I'm either going to buy something and ship it to my sister in Italy. Or donate the balance to charity. Not sure what else I can do with it.
Just for giggles, I can try buying something and having it shipped here. Unfortunately, I don't have Prime on that account.

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »

Our CTO (located in Geneva) was doing something nice and bought members of the project team 20€ Amazon gift cards at his own personal expenses. I'm able to login to amazon.fr with my same credentials and redeem the gift card. However, the money stays in France. The balance is not reflected in my U.S. account.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if it ships from France or somewhere here.
I'm either going to buy something and ship it to my sister in Italy. Or donate the balance to charity. Not sure what else I can do with it.
Just for giggles, I can try buying something and having it shipped here. Unfortunately, I don't have Prime on that account.
D'oh!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9