Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 02:50:18 AM »

In 1962, the United States launched Ranger 3 to land scientific instruments on the moon — but the probe ended up missing its target by more than 22,000 miles.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 02:50:51 AM »

In 1979, former Vice President Nelson A. Rockefeller died in New York at age 70.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:14 AM »

In 1988, Australians celebrated the 200th anniversary of their country as a grand parade of tall ships re-enacted the voyage of the first European settlers. The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Phantom of the Opera" opened at Broadway's Majestic Theater.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:44 AM »

In 1998, President Bill Clinton forcefully denied having an affair with a former White House intern, telling reporters, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 02:52:27 AM »

Ten years ago: A U.S. Marine helicopter crashed in western Iraq, killing 30 Marines and a Navy medic aboard. A man parked his SUV on railroad tracks in Glendale, California, setting off a crash of two commuter trains that killed 11 people. (The SUV's driver, Juan Alvarez, was convicted of murder and sentenced to 11 consecutive life terms.) Condoleezza Rice was sworn in as secretary of state, following her confirmation by the Senate.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 02:53:57 AM »

Five years ago: Toyota suspended U.S. sales of several popular vehicle models to fix sticking accelerator pedals; the suspension was on top of a recall of 2.3 million vehicles. Louis Auchincloss, 92, a prolific author of fiction and nonfiction, died in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:35 AM »

One year ago: A brain-dead, pregnant Texas woman's body was removed from life support as the hospital keeping Marlise Munoz on machines against her family's wishes acceded to a judge's ruling that it was misapplying state law. Stan Wawrinka held off an injured Rafael Nadal to win his first Grand Slam title with a 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 victory in the Australian Open final. DeMarco Murray caught a 20-yard pass for a touchdown and Mike Tolbert plunged into the end zone for a 2-point conversion with less than 1 minute to give Jerry Rice's team a 22-21 win over Deion Sanders' team in the first schoolyard-style Pro Bowl. At the Grammy Awards, Daft Punk won album of the year for "Random Access Memories," while record of the year went to Daft Punk with Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers for "Get Lucky."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:56 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Anne Jeffreys is 92. Actress Joan Leslie is 90. Cartoonist Jules Feiffer is 86. Sportscaster-actor Bob Uecker is 80. Actor Scott Glenn is 76. Singer Jean Knight is 72. Activist Angela Davis is 71. Rock musician Corky Laing (Mountain) is 67. Actor David Strathairn (streh-THEHRN') is 66. Alt-country singer-songwriter Lucinda Williams is 62. Rock singer-musician Eddie Van Halen is 60. Reggae musician Norman Hassan (UB40) is 57. Actress-comedian-talk show host Ellen DeGeneres is 57. Hockey Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky is 54. Musician Andrew Ridgeley is 52. Rhythm-and-blues singer Jazzie B. (Soul II Soul) is 52. Actor Paul Johansson is 51. Gospel singer Kirk Franklin is 45. Actress Jennifer Crystal is 42. Rock musician Chris Hesse (Hoobastank) is 41. Actor Gilles Marini (ZHEEL ma-REE'-nee) is 39. Gospel singer Tye Tribbett is 39. NBA player Vince Carter is 38. Actress Sarah Rue is 37. Actor Colin O'Donoghue (TV: "Once Upon a Time") is 34. Country musician Michael Martin (Marshall Dyllon) is 32.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 02:55:28 AM »

Thought for Today: "My experience of the world is that things left to themselves don't get right." — T.H. Huxley, English biologist and author (1825-1895).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »

Words for the Wise
-------------------------

1 . Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

2. Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

3. I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?" She hit me.

4. I don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

5. Sign in a Chinese Pet Store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."

6. I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

7. I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner.

8. If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

9. I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

10. There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and Shithead's.

11. I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

12. I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

13. Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

14. How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

15. Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

16. Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?

17. Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

18. Every time I walk into a singles bar I can hear Mom's wise words: "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been!"

19. A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn..that was fun!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 03:13:21 AM »

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 03:30:23 AM »

3 Latitude Zero Torpedo (6.5"x52)
         10/39.99
 2 Relic Robusto (5.2"x52)
          5/22.50
 1 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.99
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/26/2015
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:51 AM »

4 Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (5.0"x50)
          5/24.99
 3 Latitude Zero Torpedo (6.5"x52)
         10/39.99
 2 Relic Robusto (5.2"x52)
          5/22.50
 1 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.99

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »

Morning LSU.   Looks like a messed up Jam, got a whoops when I tried to check om it.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 05:24:38 AM »

I wish I could be like all the cool kids, cause all the cool kids seem to fit in.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25