Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

  • Administrator
1/25/2015
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:00:09 AM »

Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a drink and welcome aboard!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:24:41 AM »

Good morning guys.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:32:38 AM »

Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.
Saw your history lesson on 1/22 and was shocked to see that LBJ died at age 64 ... hits too close to home.
Never thought of him as elderly, but certainly as an elder statesman, regardless of any other personal opinions about him.  Aside from that, had a nice Punch Uppercut large toro this evening with some Johnny Walker Double Black on the rocks.  Cigar was really good, but got pretty intense/strong in the last two inches.  When I got home, I needed some time to let my stomach settle before going to bed.  About ready to turn it in now.  Tried reading up on yesterday's banter on both sites.  Now the CI Banter is still inaccessible, at least from my computer.  Heading to bed now.  Last snow storm didn't really bring us much (more in NJ), but this next one starting tomorrow evening into Monday should be more productive.  Anything between 1-3 inches really messes up traffic here in the DC Metro area.
So, good night, and good Sunday to you and all.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:35:44 AM »

[...]
Have a good night Sly.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 01:46:30 AM »

Today is Sunday, Jan. 25, the 25th day of 2015. There are 340 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 01:47:09 AM »

Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 25, 1915, America's first official transcontinental telephone call took place as Alexander Graham Bell, who was in New York, spoke to his former assistant, Thomas Watson, who was in San Francisco, over a line set up by American Telephone & Telegraph.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 01:47:33 AM »

On this date:
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »

In 1533, England's King Henry VIII secretly married his second wife, Anne Boleyn, who later gave birth to Elizabeth I.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 01:48:39 AM »

In 1890, reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) of the New York World completed a round-the-world journey in 72 days, 6 hours and 11 minutes. The United Mine Workers of America was founded in Columbus, Ohio.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:18 AM »

In 1915, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Coppage v. Kansas, upheld the right of employers to bar employees from belonging to labor unions by making them sign a "yellow dog contract."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:52 AM »

In 1924, the first Winter Olympic Games opened in Chamonix (SHAH'-moh-nee), France.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »

In 1945, the World War II Battle of the Bulge ended as German forces were pushed back to their original positions. Grand Rapids, Michigan, became the first community to add fluoride to its public water supply.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 01:50:51 AM »

In 1947, American gangster Al Capone died in Miami Beach, Florida, at age 48.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 01:51:17 AM »

In 1955, the Soviet Union formally ended its state of war with Germany.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/25/2015
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 01:51:50 AM »

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy held the first presidential news conference to be carried live on radio and television.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12