Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 10:13:01 AM »

Ten years ago: The Dallas Mavericks won their first NBA title by winning Game 6 of the finals against the Miami Heat, 105-95. “The Book of Mormon” took home nine Tony Awards, including the prize for best musical; “War Horse” won five Tonys, including the best play award.

Five years ago: A gunman opened fire at the Pulse nightclub, a gay establishment in Orlando, Florida, leaving 49 people dead and 53 wounded; Omar Mateen pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group during a three-hour standoff before being killed in a shootout with police.

One year ago: Rayshard Brooks, a 27-year-old Black man, was shot and killed by one of the two white officers who responded after he was found asleep in his car in the drive-thru lane of a Wendy’s restaurant in Atlanta; police body camera video showed Brooks struggling with the officers and grabbing a Taser from one of them, firing it as he fled. (An autopsy found that Brooks had been shot twice in the back. Officer Garrett Rolfe faces charges including murder.) A federal judge ordered Seattle police to temporarily stop using tear gas, pepper spray and flash-bang devices to break up peaceful protests. The Oregon Supreme Court upheld Gov. Kate Brown’s shutdown orders aimed at stemming the coronavirus pandemic. William Sessions, a former federal judge appointed by President Ronald Reagan to head the FBI and fired years later by President Bill Clinton, died at his Texas home at the age of 90.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 10:16:31 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Songwriter Richard M. Sherman is 93.
Sportscaster Marv Albert is 80.
Singer Roy Harper is 80.
Actor Roger Aaron Brown is 72.
Actor Sonia Manzano is 71.
Rock musician Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick) is 70.
Country singer-musician Junior Brown is 69.
Singer-songwriter Rocky Burnette is 68.
Actor Timothy Busfield is 64.
Singer Meredith Brooks is 63.
Actor Jenilee Harrison is 63.
Rock musician John Linnell (They Might Be Giants) is 62.
Actor John Enos is 59.
Rapper Grandmaster Dee (Whodini) is 59.
Actor Paul Schulze is 59.
Actor Eamonn Walker is 59.
Actor Paula Marshall is 57.
Actor Frances O’Connor is 54.
Actor Rick Hoffman is 51.
Actor-comedian Finesse Mitchell is 49.
Actor Mel Rodriguez is 48.
Actor Jason Mewes is 47.
Actor Michael Muhney is 46.
Blues musician Kenny Wayne Shepherd is 44.
Actor Timothy Simons is 43.
Actor Wil Horneff is 42.
Singer Robyn is 42.
Rock singer-musician John Gourley (Portugal. The Man) is 40.
Actor Dave Franco is 36.
Country singer Chris Young is 36.
Actor Luke Youngblood is 35.
Actor Ryan Malgarini is 29.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 10:17:03 AM »

Page 2 has been met!   :P

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 11:46:57 AM »

How was wedding, baseball and reception?
Hiya, Dave. I'll do this over a few posts, just because.

It was a great day overall. The wedding itself was nice. Not too many showed up at the church because it was at 2:pm on a Friday.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 11:47:14 AM »

Didn't get to the game until late but happy to report my godson pitched a complete game win 6-2. They are state champions in their division. Apparently, there is a regional interstate championship game on Monday, also at home. This season seems never ending but it's also a fun ride.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »

The reception was nice and the food was good.

Music was a bit too loud for my tastes. In fact, couldn't get to sleep easily last night because my ears were ringing. Turns out my sons' gym teacher was the DJ. That was a real coincidence because these are two completely different worlds. I've known the bride her whole life. Our parents were lifelong friends from Italy and then from the town I grew up in Jersey.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 12:02:33 PM »

Not a dry eye in the house during the speeches. The groom's dad past away last week after a long struggle with cancer. He had recorded a video which they showed after the cocktail hour. After that it was all smiles, laughter, and dancing. They did a great job addressing the elephant in the room but still threw a beautiful party in the spirit that the groom's dad would have insisted on.

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2021, 12:07:31 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Sportscaster Marv Albert is 80.

YES!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »

Ok, time to get some gardening done. Plants are gonna die soon and I've got to get them in the ground.

I'll check in a little later...

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2021, 12:48:53 PM »

Ok, time to get some gardening done. Plants are gonna die soon and I've got to get them in the ground.

I'll check in a little later...
You doing veggies or flowers?

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »

Close as we get to golf news today.
You tell 'em Paige!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/paige-spiranac-has-message-for-fans-after-viral-ncaa-track-field-moment/ar-AAKYxio?ocid=msedgntp
My followup question...

What idiot would complain about her showing more cleavage????   ???   :o   8)

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »

Close as we get to golf news today.
You tell 'em Paige!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/paige-spiranac-has-message-for-fans-after-viral-ncaa-track-field-moment/ar-AAKYxio?ocid=msedgntp
My followup question...

What idiot would complain about her showing more cleavage????   ???   :o   8)
I may have to look into getting her golf towel...

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »

In other golf picture news, this was my view early this morning from near the first tee.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3