Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 1/23/2015
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2015, 10:21:41 PM »

Evening. Been MIA for a month, just too busy to get on the banter. Decided to stop by while I sip my bourbon and finish up my cigar.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:57 PM »

Last time I flew I could not find a sky mall magazine on the plane, here is why.

SkyMall, the Phoenix, Arizona-based catalog which most of have perused while bored on flights when our novels grew stale since it launched in 1989, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection,  The Wall Street Journal reports.
Coulda seen that coming.  Half the stuff in it was waaaay overpriced and the other half was just flat weird...and overpriced.
That's really a shame because they were essentially a monopoly that had an audience with an undivided attention.  If I'm allowed to jump on the bandwagon, they were poorly managed.
Jump on and ride!  I have only looked at the catalogs on flights sometimes seeing some interesting things but never buying.  Know nothing more about them except they have been around a long time.
Howdy, Dave.  I got the impression they only sold things for people far richer than I.  Yet most of the folks looking at the catalog are sitting in coach.  Missed opportunity.

Woohoo! My schooling is paying off!! Chapter 11 bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean they're going away, but rather that they'll be allowed to reorganize without having to liquidize all their assets. See: most major airlines in the past 10 years.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]