Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.
Wait.  What?  That one slipped past me.  I thought the next NJ herf was when fishy recovered from surgery.  Are these private NJDave plans?  I don't want to be an interloper.
We keep nothing from the Mayor.  Bean will be in town (North Philly).  Figured it wouldn't be easy for you guys after just getting permission for last week.  As Bean said, he will be out a number of times, some of it in South Brunswick.  I was thinking to just take him to Princeton Tuesday or Wed.
What he said.  This will the first of many trips out that way lasting into June, so no worries.
I'd love to meet up in Princeton but probably can't get the permission slip signed so soon after the last herf.  I'd go out on a limb but since you'll be back again several times, I'll just wait until the next time.
I'll keep you posted in any case.

« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »

[...]
Much appreciated.

« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »

Not a lot of Daytona interest.

« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:32 PM »

[...]
Sounds like a plan.  Supposed to be schitty weather next week out your way next week anyway. We had 70's last weekend, so I need some cold, icy weather for a change of pace. :o

« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »

Not a lot of Daytona interest.
Would get more love at $32.50.  Just sayin'.

« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

[...]
We're here to serve.  If shitty weather is what you seek, it shall be provided.  Bring your long johns.

« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2015, 10:45:38 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.
Did you try the connie yet?
So?

« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.
Did you try the connie yet?
So?
On schedule for Saturday morning.

« Reply #473 on: January 21, 2015, 10:51:29 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.
Did you try the connie yet?
So?
On schedule for Saturday morning.
You can go first tomorrow.

« Reply #474 on: January 21, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »

[...]
And a pair of shoes/boots for the slop.

« Reply #475 on: January 21, 2015, 10:53:17 PM »

Think I'm going to call it a nite gents.  See you in the AM.

« Reply #476 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:34 PM »

Think I'm going to call it a nite gents.  See you in the AM.
Buenas noches, amigo.

« Reply #477 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:37 PM »

Think I'm going to call it a nite gents.  See you in the AM.
G'nite, Dave.  Not far behind you (1 hour, to be precise)
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2015, 11:12:32 PM »

Not a lot of Daytona interest.
Would get more love at $32.50.  Just sayin'.
That's using the old bean, Bean.Bean.Bean.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]