CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 5/3/2021  (Read 2461 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
5/3/2021
« on: May 03, 2021, 12:00:20 AM »

Happy Monday! Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/3/2021
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 05:52:39 AM »

Here we are again.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:53:23 AM »

Here we are again.
Already? That doesn't seem right.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 05:54:13 AM »

Starting the week with some jambalaya.

Montecristo Classic Churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 06:08:18 AM »

Cohiba Nicaragua N5x52 (No Tube) (Robusto) (5.0"x52) - 5 / $29.99

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 06:11:25 AM »

Here we are again.
It really doesn't. But at least my taxes are filed.

Good morning, @LuvTooGolf.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 06:15:01 AM »

Here we are again.
It really doesn't. But at least my taxes are filed.

Good morning, @LuvTooGolf.
That's definitely a good monkey to have off your back.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 06:40:34 AM »

5 Vegas Classic Double Corona (6.0"x48) - 10 / $27.50

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 06:49:25 AM »

And how was your weekend, Dave?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 07:09:14 AM »

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park (Robusto) (5.5"x49) - 5 / $22.50

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 07:25:04 AM »

Saturday was interesting. We were still having electrical issues that started with the dryer not working. What started happening was when the furnace or the dryer was running, everything would flicker off for a second, then usually kick back on. Well, it did it again Saturday morning, only this time, only half of the stuff came back on. Got an electrician out, turns out the issue all along was a contact in the electric meter wasn't connected properly, so it would sometimes have trouble making the connection, causing the flickering. He said he couldn't believe we'd made it this long without having any issues. New meter was put in a couple years ago, if I remember correctly. So now all of our electrical problems should be solved. Which likely also solves the question of how we could have the dryer running, but not generating heat.

Yesterday, I got out of the house in the morning and went to a park along the lake that has a nice walking/biking trail and did a few miles on it. Weather was gorgeous, views were great.

Sounds like your weekend was nothing but games and taxes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 07:33:30 AM »

Saturday was interesting. We were still having electrical issues that started with the dryer not working. What started happening was when the furnace or the dryer was running, everything would flicker off for a second, then usually kick back on. Well, it did it again Saturday morning, only this time, only half of the stuff came back on. Got an electrician out, turns out the issue all along was a contact in the electric meter wasn't connected properly, so it would sometimes have trouble making the connection, causing the flickering. He said he couldn't believe we'd made it this long without having any issues. New meter was put in a couple years ago, if I remember correctly. So now all of our electrical problems should be solved. Which likely also solves the question of how we could have the dryer running, but not generating heat.

Yesterday, I got out of the house in the morning and went to a park along the lake that has a nice walking/biking trail and did a few miles on it. Weather was gorgeous, views were great.

No, there was another minor fender bender also. You're gonna love it when the girls get their licenses.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »

But seriously, I'll go back to the weekend anytime. Beats the shit out of Mondays, that's for sure.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 07:49:42 AM »

No, there was another minor fender bender also. You're gonna love it when the girls get their licenses.
Sheesh! No offense, but I hope we don't insure you. :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:27 AM »

Sheesh! No offense, but I hope we don't insure you. :D
You don't. And the rear-ending was not our fault at all. Also, I paid for the first accident (3 point turn against the fire hydrant) out of my own pocket. FMTT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6