Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
4/22/2021
« on: April 22, 2021, 12:30:07 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 05:18:16 AM »

Here we are again.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 05:22:35 AM »

We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 05:52:41 AM »

We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 07:05:06 AM »

And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 07:26:56 AM »

We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 07:28:38 AM »

And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.
I'm always confused whether it's 21st, 22nd, or 23rd. They should just combine it with the 420 celebrations and be done with it.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 07:52:06 AM »

And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.
I'm always confused whether it's 21st, 22nd, or 23rd. They should just combine it with the 420 celebrations and be done with it.
That would be perfect. Celebrate Earth Day by setting fire to a small portion of it!

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 07:52:44 AM »

We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.
Well, that's good news at least. Meanwhile, I still have a couple of inches on the ground. Getting up to 45 today and 58 tomorrow, so at least it'll be gone by the weekend.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »

Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 10:26:31 AM »

CI offering up a good, but not cheapy cheapo cigar today.
Wonder what the price was on Raz's old list.

Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (Toro) (6.0"x54)
Pack of 10 / $59.99

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »

We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.
Currently snowing at my son's in Mass.  Started out at 36 here, but already up to 52....only going to the mid 60's today.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 10:34:16 AM »

Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 10:36:38 AM »

Today is Thursday, April 22, the 112th day of 2021.
There are 253 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On April 22, 2005, Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE’-uhs moo-SOW’-ee) pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom outside Washington, D.C. to conspiring with the Sept. 11 hijackers to kill Americans. (Moussaoui is serving a life prison sentence.)

On this date:

In 1864, Congress authorized the use of the phrase “In God We Trust” on U.S. coins.

In 1889, the Oklahoma Land Rush began at noon as thousands of homesteaders staked claims.

In 1898, with the United States and Spain on the verge of war, the U.S. Navy began blockading Cuban ports. Congress authorized creation of the 1st U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, also known as the “Rough Riders.”

In 1915, the first full-scale use of deadly chemicals in warfare took place as German forces unleashed chlorine gas against Allied troops at the start of the Second Battle of Ypres (EE’-preh) in Belgium during World War I; thousands of soldiers are believed to have died.

In 1937, thousands of college students in New York City staged a “peace strike” opposing American entry into another possible world conflict.

In 1952, an atomic test in Nevada became the first nuclear explosion shown on live network television as a 31-kiloton bomb was dropped from a B-50 Superfortress.

In 1954, the publicly televised sessions of the Senate Army-McCarthy hearings began.

In 1970, millions of Americans concerned about the environment observed the first “Earth Day.”

In 1994, Richard M. Nixon, the 37th president of the United States, died at a New York hospital four days after suffering a stroke; he was 81.

In 2000, in a dramatic pre-dawn raid, armed immigration agents seized Elian Gonzalez, the Cuban boy at the center of a custody dispute, from his relatives’ home in Miami; Elian was reunited with his father at Andrews Air Force Base near Washington.

In 2004, Army Ranger Pat Tillman, who’d traded in a multi-million-dollar NFL contract to serve in Afghanistan, was killed by friendly fire; he was 27.

In 2015, a federal judge in Philadelphia approved a settlement agreement expected to cost the NFL $1 billion over 65 years to resolve thousands of concussion lawsuits. A federal appeals court in San Francisco overturned home run leader Barry Bonds’ obstruction of justice conviction, ruling 10-1 that his meandering answer before a grand jury in 2003 was not material to the government’s investigation into illegal steroids distribution.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4