Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

  • Administrator
4/13/2021
« on: April 13, 2021, 01:00:10 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 05:22:37 AM »

Tony, I hope you have better luck with your dryer than I did.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 05:33:57 AM »

Tony, I hope you have better luck with your dryer than I did.
D'oh! Ordered the thermal fuse yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:34:24 AM »

Good morning, LTG.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 06:15:29 AM »

Tony, I hope you have better luck with your dryer than I did.
D'oh! Ordered the thermal fuse yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Replaced mine and it still runs, but won't heat up. I'm guessing the fuse blowing must've burned out the heating element. We got 16 years out of it, and based on how much laundry we do, I guess that was a pretty good run.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 06:23:11 AM »

Tony, I hope you have better luck with your dryer than I did.
D'oh! Ordered the thermal fuse yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Replaced mine and it still runs, but won't heat up. I'm guessing the fuse blowing must've burned out the heating element. We got 16 years out of it, and based on how much laundry we do, I guess that was a pretty good run.
Mine won't kick on at all so I have hope that replacing the fuse will work.

Edit: Come to think of it, mine is probably about 20 years old. We're looking to fix the basement and buy new appliances but I'm not ready just yet. If the thermal fuse buys me another year, I'll take it!

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 06:28:27 AM »

Tony, I hope you have better luck with your dryer than I did.
D'oh! Ordered the thermal fuse yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Replaced mine and it still runs, but won't heat up. I'm guessing the fuse blowing must've burned out the heating element. We got 16 years out of it, and based on how much laundry we do, I guess that was a pretty good run.
Mine won't kick on at all so I have hope that replacing the fuse will work.

Edit: Come to think of it, mine is probably about 20 years old. We're looking to fix the basement and buy new appliances but I'm not ready just yet. If the thermal fuse buys me another year, I'll take it!
As would I have! Fingers crossed for you!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 07:14:01 AM »

How about them cigar deals, huh? Do you remember when CI was selling Arganese cigars that were meant to be cut in half? There was a cap on both ends and no filler in the middle. The theory was that you would pay tax on one cigar, cut it in half and have two? They were as terrible as one could expect.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 07:20:14 AM »

How about them cigar deals, huh? Do you remember when CI was selling Arganese cigars that were meant to be cut in half? There was a cap on both ends and no filler in the middle. The theory was that you would pay tax on one cigar, cut it in half and have two? They were as terrible as one could expect.
Sounds like a solid marketing strategy to me!

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 07:37:12 AM »

As much as I fought it, had to turn the heat back on this morning. It was 60° in the house.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 07:45:42 AM »

As much as I fought it, had to turn the heat back on this morning. It was 60° in the house.
Mine just kicked on a few minutes ago.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 07:50:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Insomnia check-in.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 07:53:18 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Insomnia check-in.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Oof. Sorry to see you on here so early, Bret. Good morning to ya.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 08:12:03 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Insomnia check-in.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Oof. Sorry to see you on here so early, Bret. Good morning to ya.
Is what it is. Guess I'll give myself a luxury shave today.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 09:00:41 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Insomnia check-in.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Oof. Sorry to see you on here so early, Bret. Good morning to ya.
Is what it is. Guess I'll give myself a luxury shave today.
I think some massage parlors offer a similar service. Morning, SleeplessRaz.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6