Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 02:29:37 AM »

In 1988, a China Southwest Airlines Ilyushin 18 crashed while on approach to Chongqing Airport, killing all 108 people on board.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 02:30:14 AM »

In 1990, a jury in Los Angeles acquitted former preschool operators Raymond Buckey and his mother, Peggy McMartin Buckey, of 52 child molestation charges. Washington D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was arrested in an FBI sting on drug-possession charges (he was later convicted of a misdemeanor).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 02:30:41 AM »

In 1993, the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday was observed in all 50 states for the first time.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 02:31:50 AM »

Ten years ago: Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice, at her Senate confirmation hearing, insisted the United States was fully prepared for the Iraq war and its aftermath and refused to give a timetable for U.S. troops to come home. The world's largest commercial jet, an Airbus A380 "superjumbo" capable of flying up to 800 passengers, was unveiled in Toulouse, France.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 02:32:15 AM »

Five years ago: Taliban militants wearing explosive vests launched a brazen daylight assault on the center of Kabul with suicide bombings and gunbattles that paralyzed the Afghan capital for hours. Mehmet Ali Agca (MEH'-met AH'-lee AH'-juh), the man who shot and seriously wounded Pope John Paul II in 1981, emerged from a prison on the outskirts of Ankara, Turkey, after more than 29 years behind bars. Crime novelist Robert B. Parker died in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at age 77.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »

One year ago: Results showed that nearly 20 million Egyptian voters backed the country's new constitution, almost double the number of those who'd voted for one drafted in 2012 under the government of toppled Islamist President Mohammed Morsi. "American Hustle" took the Screen Actors Guild Awards' top honor for outstanding cast; Matthew McConaughey was recognized for his lead performance in "Dallas Buyers Club" while Cate Blanchett won the actress award for "
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 02:33:05 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Movie director John Boorman is 82. Former Sen. Paul Kirk, D-Mass., is 77. Singer-songwriter Bobby Goldsboro is 74. Comedian-singer-musician Brett Hudson is 62. Actor-director Kevin Costner is 60. Country singer Mark Collie is 59. Actress Alison Arngrim (TV: "Little House on the Prairie") is 53. Actress Jane Horrocks is 51. Comedian Dave Attell (uh-TEHL') is 50. Actor Jesse L. Martin is 46. Rapper DJ Quik is 45. Rock singer Jonathan Davis (Korn) is 44. Singer Christian Burns (BBMak) is 42. Former NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous is 42. Actor Derek Richardson is 39. Actor Jason Segel is 35. Actress Samantha Mumba is 32. Country singer Kristy Lee Cook (TV: "American Idol") is 31. Actress Devin Kelley (TV: "Resurrection") is 29.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:33:35 AM »

Thought for Today: "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." — Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »

Damned Old Age!
-------------------------

A couple in their nineties are BOTH having problems remembering things. They decide to go to the doctor for a checkup. The doctor tells them that they're physically in good condition for their age, but if they are having trouble remembering they might want to start writing things down to help them.

Later that night while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. "Where are you going?" his wife asks.

"To the kitchen" he replies.

"Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"

"Sure."

"Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" she asks, recalling the doctor's suggestion.

"No, I can remember it."

"Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. You'd better write it down because you know you'll forget it."

He says, "I can remember that! You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."

"I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, so you'd better write it down!" she retorts.

Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down. Just don't start with that! Leave me alone!! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream. I got it, for goodness sake!" Then he grumbles on into the kitchen.

After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.

She stares at the plate for a moment and says, "Where's my toast?"

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 02:34:51 AM »

Late for Work
-------------------------

Jones came into the office an hour late for the third time in one week
and found the boss waiting for him. "What's the story this time, Jones?"
he asked sarcastically. "Let's hear a good excuse for a change."

Jones sighed, "Everything went wrong this morning, Boss. The wife decided to
drive me to the station. She got ready in ten minutes, but then the
drawbridge got stuck. Rather than let you down, I swam across the river,
look, my suit's still damp -- ran out to the airport, got a ride on Mr.
Thompson's helicopter, landed on top of Radio City Music Hall, and was
carried here piggyback by one of the Rockettes."

"You'll have to do better than that, Jones," said the boss, obviously
disappointed. "No woman can get ready in ten minutes."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 02:35:37 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2015
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 05:32:22 AM »

Time for a triple sheesh.

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 06:40:47 AM »

Morning LSU, what are you doing at work thought you were taking it easy till the Dr's start on you.

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 06:52:35 AM »

51 here this morning sunny and upper 60's this afternoon, not bad for January.

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 07:29:43 AM »

Time for another SHEESH!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13