Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

I wonder if ClemsonDave will be back today.
Getting ready to hit the road back to NJ.  Then leave early Wed. to home.  Visits have been nice.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »

And got us to page 2!

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 09:52:42 AM »

And got us to page 2!
Picked back up right on time. Morning, RoadWarriorDave.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 10:02:58 AM »

Well, the Babtists beat the Cat'lics in roundball, or so I hear.
I'd imagine that would be big news in Washington. Gonzaga had a good run.
I'm sure it is, but I don't follow roundball.  Except that I was happily rooting for the home team.

Despite being anyone's definition of a protestant and by strictest definition an Evangelical, I have more in common with Catholics than I do with Baptists.  I'd had a bellyful of Baptists by the time I was 12, and more than my share of experience with Baylor grads by the time I was 21.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »

Well, the Babtists beat the Cat'lics in roundball, or so I hear.
I'd imagine that would be big news in Washington. Gonzaga had a good run.
I'm sure it is, but I don't follow roundball.  Except that I was happily rooting for the home team.

Despite being anyone's definition of a protestant and by strictest definition an Evangelical, I have more in common with Catholics than I do with Baptists.  I'd had a bellyful of Baptists by the time I was 12, and more than my share of experience with Baylor grads by the time I was 21.
Yeah, but Waco!

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »

I wonder if ClemsonDave will be back today.
Getting ready to hit the road back to NJ.  Then leave early Wed. to home.  Visits have been nice.
Godspeed!

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 10:17:13 AM »

Well, the Babtists beat the Cat'lics in roundball, or so I hear.
Start time was too late for me to consider caring about it, unfortunately.
Well, as I said, I couldn't care less about basketball.

Actually, that's not completely true.  Basketball was great in the mid-90s, when I was working for the National Optical Astronomy Observatories on the University of Arizona campus, and Lute was coaching, and my boss had season tickets right behind the bench.  He was a paraplegic, so needed some assistance to attend games.  I was happy in those days to give his wife some nights off through the season.  I learned an appreciation for the game and its strategy, and of course Lute was approaching the pinnacle of his legendary career then.  So that was fun and educational.  But it doesn't really translate to television for me.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2021, 10:18:25 AM »

Well, the Babtists beat the Cat'lics in roundball, or so I hear.
I'd imagine that would be big news in Washington. Gonzaga had a good run.
I'm sure it is, but I don't follow roundball.  Except that I was happily rooting for the home team.

Despite being anyone's definition of a protestant and by strictest definition an Evangelical, I have more in common with Catholics than I do with Baptists.  I'd had a bellyful of Baptists by the time I was 12, and more than my share of experience with Baylor grads by the time I was 21.
Yeah, but Waco!
I was there once as a child, and once more as an adult.  That's more than sufficient for TWO lifetimes.

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2021, 11:12:55 AM »

Well, the Babtists beat the Cat'lics in roundball, or so I hear.
Start time was too late for me to consider caring about it, unfortunately.
Well, as I said, I couldn't care less about basketball.

Actually, that's not completely true.  Basketball was great in the mid-90s, when I was working for the National Optical Astronomy Observatories on the University of Arizona campus, and Lute was coaching, and my boss had season tickets right behind the bench.  He was a paraplegic, so needed some assistance to attend games.  I was happy in those days to give his wife some nights off through the season.  I learned an appreciation for the game and its strategy, and of course Lute was approaching the pinnacle of his legendary career then.  So that was fun and educational.  But it doesn't really translate to television for me.

It's Tuesday, so TWSS!

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »

Online posting seems to be troublesome right now.

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

Online posting seems to be troublesome right now.
That one worked ok, must've just been my reply to Raz's post it didn't like so much.

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2021, 11:35:11 AM »

Online posting seems to be troublesome right now.
That one worked ok, must've just been my reply to Raz's post it didn't like so much.
You failed to mention God, Guns, Guitars, Cigars, Whiskey, or Personal Responsibility.  So you were flagged as Fake News.

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2021, 11:40:37 AM »

Online posting seems to be troublesome right now.
That one worked ok, must've just been my reply to Raz's post it didn't like so much.
You failed to mention God, Guns, Guitars, Cigars, Whiskey, or Personal Responsibility.  So you were flagged as Fake News.
In fact, I weaved in all of those words in my response about college basketball, so take that!

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2021, 11:47:53 AM »

Forecast shows high of 85 for Thursday. That would set a new record high for the day by a whopping 5 degrees.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3