CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2/24/2021  (Read 1722 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/24/2021
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 10:03:30 AM »

Tough news for Tiger Woods.  Think he's done?
Right away, I thought yes. He's still recovering from his 5th back surgery, and now his legs are messed up? Tough road to come back. But he's a competitor, and Ben Hogan won like 3 majors after the car accident that mangled his legs, so I wouldn't put it past him coming back.
I say he manages his son to be the next sensation. But I don't believe he's hanging up his spikes just yet.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 10:04:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, InsomniaBret.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 10:06:34 AM »

Speaking of humps, it looks like we'll be mostly above freezing for the foreseeable future.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »

Right away, I thought yes. He's still recovering from his 5th back surgery, and now his legs are messed up? Tough road to come back. But he's a competitor, and Ben Hogan won like 3 majors after the car accident that mangled his legs, so I wouldn't put it past him coming back.
And now I just read an article that said he had rods inserted in the bones of one of his legs, and pins and screws in his ankle. Yikes.
I've got a titanium rod and screws, and it doesn't seem to hinder me much.  But then, I'm not a premier pro golfer.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 10:12:14 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 10:31:14 AM »

I'm hoping for smooth sailing past the hump today. I was up late finalizing some work so that I wouldn't be behind the 8-ball today. Let's see if it was worth it.
You should know better than that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 10:33:50 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, BrightandEarlyRaz.
Insomnia woke me up at 3am.  Finally decided to do something productive.  Like make an offer on another guitar.
One thing I've never had to worry about.  Well, buying guitars as well, but...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »

Morning Tony, LTG and Razzer.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »

And now I just read an article that said he had rods inserted in the bones of one of his legs, and pins and screws in his ankle. Yikes.
I've got a titanium rod and screws, and it doesn't seem to hinder me much.  But then, I'm not a premier pro golfer.
Yeah, I imagine that changes the math a little.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 10:36:06 AM »

Does make airports fun however.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »

Speaking of humps, it looks like we'll be mostly above freezing for the foreseeable future.
Sunny and 47 right now. I'm half tempted to open the doors and windows. :D

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 10:45:21 AM »

Everybody says that.  I've never set off any alarms.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »

They don't turn them on for white males. :D

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 10:51:26 AM »

I always just go through the scanner.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »

I always just go through the scanner.
Maybe Bengay acts as a shield against those machines?
Pages: 1 [2] 3