CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: 1/10/2015  (Read 55803 times)

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2015, 11:36:53 PM »

(YAD, avert your eyes).  Tony, just made a martini, turned out quite good.  Beefeaters/Nolly Prat/jalapeno olives.
That sounds fantastic.  Need to get me some fancy olives.  I only just finished dinner.  I'll be making a martini in short order.
It was surprisingly tasty. I need to experiment with other gins, though. I was tempted to pick up a bottle of the Bombay Sapphire but figured that could wait for another day. What ingredients you planning?
I have a pretty full bottle of Tanqueray, Tribuno extra dry vermouth, and some cheap ass pimento filled olives.
You need to get at least the queen sized pimento stuffed olives for your martini

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2015, 11:38:30 PM »

You guys ever smoke cigars here, or do you just talk about food and drinks?  Tat 10th Bon and a RR 6 yr on a few rocks here.
Not really.  When I started on the CI banter I probably averaged one smoke per week.  I'm up to 3 or 4 now.  Unfortunately, I rarely post while smoking.  It requires me bringing too much equipment outdoors - a phone and/or laptop plus chargers, beverages, etc.  In other words, I'm too lazy.  And now with the cold weather it's even harder.  Then when we herf, we try to keep the conversation live instead of each of us tied to our devices.
Live company is just far too stimulating to worry about posting.
Not to mention, rude.  Plus, I have a difficult enough time following the conversation.
I'm sorry... Did you say something?  Kidding.  I have an iPad and a sunroom with a heater, so the cold is bearable.
That's a nice setup.  I think the wife is getting annoyed that I'm on my phone.  Have a good night, boys.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2015, 11:54:47 PM »

You guys ever smoke cigars here, or do you just talk about food and drinks?  Tat 10th Bon and a RR 6 yr on a few rocks here.
We've been known to smoke a cigar between eating and drinking, sometimes during. What's RR 6 yr?
Russell's Reserve.  Good, caramelly rye sippin whiskey.
I enjoy a corn whiskey called Brimstone, made by a Waco distillery. Balcones.  It's oak smoked.  Not sure how they do that, but it nice.
Just finished a nice Brimstone Manhattan....needed to fend off a chill.
Nice. So what vermouth?  Garnish?
Dolin with a Woodford Reserve bourbon Cherry.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]