Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 05:21:31 AM »

In 1971, "Masterpiece Theatre" premiered on PBS with host Alistair Cooke introducing the drama series "The First Churchills." French fashion designer Coco Chanel died in Paris at age 87.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »

In 1984, the United States and the Vatican established full diplomatic relations for the first time in more than a century.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 05:23:28 AM »

In 2000, America Online announced it was buying Time Warner for $162 billion (the merger, which proved disastrous, ended in Dec. 2009).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 05:23:48 AM »

Ten years ago: CBS issued a damning independent review of mistakes related to a "60 Minutes Wednesday" report on President George W. Bush's National Guard service and fired three news executives and a producer for their "myopic zeal" in rushing it to air. A mudslide in La Conchita, California, crushed homes and killed 10 residents. Gunmen assassinated Baghdad's deputy police chief and his son; al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility. Ukraine's Election Commission declared Viktor Yushchenko the winner of the presidential vote.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 05:24:27 AM »

Five years ago: Data showed China edging past Germany in 2009 to become the top exporting nation. NBC announced it had decided to cancel "The Jay Leno Show," returning Leno from prime time to 11:35 p.m. Eastern time while pushing "The Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien back to 12:05 a.m. (O'Brien ended up leaving NBC, and Leno resumed hosting "Tonight.")
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 05:24:58 AM »

One year ago: The Labor Department reported that U.S. employers added just 74,000 jobs in December 2013. Larry Speakes, who'd spent six years as acting press secretary for President Ronald Reagan, died in Cleveland, Mississippi, at age 74.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 05:25:50 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Opera singer Sherrill Milnes is 80. Blues artist Eddy Clearwater is 80. Rock singer-musician Ronnie Hawkins is 80. Baseball Hall of Famer Willie McCovey is 77. Movie director Walter Hill is 75. Actor William Sanderson is 71. Singer Frank Sinatra Jr. is 71. Singer Rod Stewart is 70. Rock singer-musician Donald Fagen (Steely Dan) is 67. Boxing Hall of Famer and entrepreneur George Foreman is 66. Roots rock singer Alejandro Escovedo is 64. Rock musician Scott Thurston (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) is 63. Singer Pat Benatar is 62. Hall of Fame race car driver and team owner Bobby Rahal is 62. Rock musician Michael Schenker is 60. Singer Shawn Colvin is 59. Rock singer-musician Curt Kirkwood (Meat Puppets) is 56. Actor Evan Handler is 54. Rock singer Brad Roberts (Crash Test Dummies) is 51. Actress Trini Alvarado is 48. Rock musician Matt Roberts is 37. Rock singer Brent Smith (Shinedown) is 37. Rapper Chris Smith (Kris Kross) is 36. Actress Sarah Shahi is 35.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 05:26:24 AM »

Thought for Today: "You got to look on the bright side, even if there ain't one." — Dashiell Hammett, American author (born 1894, died this date in 1961).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 05:31:47 AM »

-----------------------
A Dog's Life
-------------------------

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
- Unknown

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
- Unknown

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.
- Gene Hill

In dog years, I'm dead.
- Unknown

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
- Aldous Huxley

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times
before lying down.
- Robert Benchley

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's
how dogs spend their lives.
- Sue Murphy

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to
bite people themselves.
- August Strindberg

No animal should ever jump up on the dining room furniture unless absolutely
certain that he can hold his own in the conversation.
- Fran Lebowitz

Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a
grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They
must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
- Anne Tyler

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
- Rita Rudner

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can.
That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
- Joe Weinstein

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have
known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
- James Thurber

You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with
pets.
- Nora Ephron

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are
wonderful.
- Ann Landers

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get
used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should
have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
- Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan

Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy breath is one of
the most fond memories!
- Dr. Tom Cat

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
- Ben Williams

When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
- Edward Abbey

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look
like the dog did it.
- Unknown

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
- Unknown

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog
does.
- Christopher Morley

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
- Josh Billings

Man is a dog's idea of what God should be.
- Holbrook Jackson

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
- Andrew A. Rooney

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life,
his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat
of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
- Unknown

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane.
- Smiley Blanton

I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
- John Steinbeck

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 05:50:42 AM »

Morning Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 05:55:06 AM »

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »

Morning and Happy Saturday Off LSU and Good Morning Golf sorry you are having to work on Saturday.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 06:04:24 AM »

Go Buffalos!

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 06:05:05 AM »

The federal government, which has Tomahawk cruise missiles and Apache, Blackhawk, Kiowa and Lakota helicopters, and used the code name "Geronimo" in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden, officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 06:08:21 AM »

Morning and Happy Saturday Off LSU and Good Morning Golf sorry you are having to work on Saturday.
Thanks. At least the ride in was at regular speed, even if the wind chill is 20 below.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21