Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 07:53:03 AM »

I'm hoping for a very slow workweek since most of Europe is still on vacation.
The cheese eatin' bastiges!
I happen to be a big fan of cheese so I can't say much about that.
I could definitely go for some cheese right about now.
I've actually got a fridge filled with it. Guess we won't be vegans this year.
There's always next year!
But now I need more info about your cheese fridge.
I didn't mean to imply I had a fridge just dedicated to cheeses. But I bet you there are at least 15 varieties in there at the moment...
Disappointed me there in the first sentence, but brought me back in the second.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 08:14:39 AM »

Good morning, BackAtIts. No red lights this morning, starting the new year off right!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 08:15:23 AM »

I'm hoping for a very slow workweek since most of Europe is still on vacation.
The cheese eatin' bastiges!
I happen to be a big fan of cheese so I can't say much about that.
I could definitely go for some cheese right about now.
I've actually got a fridge filled with it. Guess we won't be vegans this year.
There's always next year!
But now I need more info about your cheese fridge.
I didn't mean to imply I had a fridge just dedicated to cheeses. But I bet you there are at least 15 varieties in there at the moment...
Disappointed me there in the first sentence, but brought me back in the second.
A wine/cheese/cigar herf at the Mayor's house!

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 08:19:44 AM »

I'm hoping for a very slow workweek since most of Europe is still on vacation.
The cheese eatin' bastiges!
I happen to be a big fan of cheese so I can't say much about that.
I could definitely go for some cheese right about now.
I've actually got a fridge filled with it. Guess we won't be vegans this year.
There's always next year!
But now I need more info about your cheese fridge.
I didn't mean to imply I had a fridge just dedicated to cheeses. But I bet you there are at least 15 varieties in there at the moment.
Disappointed me there in the first sentence, but brought me back in the second.
Well let's see. I have ricotta(regular and salata), mozzarella(fresh, shredded, and cheese sticks), pecorino Romano (grated), truffle infused pecorino, a few other types of goat cheese, parmigiano(grated parmesan), 2 kinds of Laughing Cow, Swiss, colby jack, cheddar, monterey jack, port wine spreadable, gruyere, manchego, gouda (plain, smoked, and mushroom & chestnut), provolone, fontal, chevre...

Crap, I am sure there is stuff I have not listed. Like cream cheese, does that count? I just may have to purchase a separate fridge for my cheeses.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 08:24:59 AM »

Good morning, BackAtIts. No red lights this morning, starting the new year off right!
Good morning, Mark. Happy Monday to you.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 08:28:42 AM »

I'm hoping for a very slow workweek since most of Europe is still on vacation.
The cheese eatin' bastiges!
I happen to be a big fan of cheese so I can't say much about that.
I could definitely go for some cheese right about now.
I've actually got a fridge filled with it. Guess we won't be vegans this year.
There's always next year!
But now I need more info about your cheese fridge.
I didn't mean to imply I had a fridge just dedicated to cheeses. But I bet you there are at least 15 varieties in there at the moment...
Disappointed me there in the first sentence, but brought me back in the second.
A wine/cheese/cigar herf at the Mayor's house!
We may just have to do that! The lactose intolerant need not attend.

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »

[...]

How do you store them in there to prevent mold? Or do they not last that long?

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 08:58:01 AM »

[...]

Moldy cheese happens from time to time. I wind up throwing stuff out and that pisses me off. But many are vacuum sealed and unopened. For example, while perusing the cheeses I noticed the ricotta salata had a best used date that was over two years old. I may wind up throwing that one out. It is still very white however and I will taste it before throwing it away. I think it will be fine. Generally speaking, we eat a lot of cheese and once something is opened it goes pretty quickly.

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 09:04:47 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o
Cheesebanter.com seems to be available.  You need to get on that before it's taken.

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 09:12:45 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o
Cheesebanter.com seems to be available.  You need to get on that before it's taken.
Will it have merch? I'll take a t-shirt and a block of asiago.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 09:14:34 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o
Cheesebanter.com seems to be available.  You need to get on that before it's taken.
No thanks. I'm done talking about it for today and I am not sure there is enough fodder for cheese deals out there on the interwebs. I'll let someone else take up that mantle.

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o
Cheesebanter.com seems to be available.  You need to get on that before it's taken.
No thanks. I'm done talking about it for today and I am not sure there is enough fodder for cheese deals out there on the interwebs. I'll let someone else take up that mantle.
There aren't many cigar deals either, but here we are.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2021, 09:20:28 AM »

I forgot brie. We have that too. I actually found double in the fridge than I thought was there. Apparently cigars are not the only thing I purchase more of than I can consume.  :o
Cheesebanter.com seems to be available.  You need to get on that before it's taken.
No thanks. I'm done talking about it for today and I am not sure there is enough fodder for cheese deals out there on the interwebs. I'll let someone else take up that mantle.
There aren't many cigar deals either, but here we are.
True enough. But at this point, I don't want to be a quitter. I have learned some valuable lessons along the way and I don't want to repeat them with cheesebanter.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9