Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
question nothing the union has spoken.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
question nothing the union has spoken.
Does this also apply to elections? Asking for a friend.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the weather by you this morning?
Calmer today than yesterday.  First half of yesterday was pretty blustery and wet.  Mostly, though, it's been a moderate, if soggy, autumn.
We've been pretty lucky too, as far as autumns go. Today was our first bit of anything nasty, other than some crazy wind a couple of November Sundays.
I've probably mentioned before that the little town where I live bears a Native American name, Enumclaw, that translates roughly to "a windy place." The town is on a plateau scraped clean every few centuries by an eruption of Ta•Ho•Ma, aka Mt Rainier, and it is situated at the mouth of Chinook Pass. So when atmospheric pressure drops on our side of the Cascades, the wind comes screaming through the pass from the east side, and the pass becomes a big venturi. Sometimes it damned near becomes a low-grade hurricane.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
question nothing the union has spoken.
Does this also apply to elections? Asking for a friend.
Sure it does. And when it happens, the losing side protests that the result is illegitimate, and the other side indignantly says "Move on." It has always been so. There are no bounds to human hypocrisy.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.
The only thing I can think of is since they go to a constellation school, they always use the main city's school district as their guide for when to cancel, because I think they use the same bussing. So since the city's schools aren't totally remote, they cancelled, so ours cancelled.
That's a good guess. But I can't believe the idiot in charge couldn't use his/her own brain cells to come up with a better decision.

[...]
Gotta love that about the Native Americans, they sure have a knack for naming things.

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Bret. Tell us something logical because my brain is about to turn off.

[...]
My slightly confused kids rolled out of bed around 845 and immediately started praising that idiot. :D

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.
The only thing I can think of is since they go to a constellation school, they always use the main city's school district as their guide for when to cancel, because I think they use the same bussing. So since the city's schools aren't totally remote, they cancelled, so ours cancelled.
But oddly enough, the city we live in did not close schools today. Those kids must be pissed.
Now I'm pissed again.

[...]
Quick, Raz, you're on!

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
question nothing the union has spoken.
Does this also apply to elections? Asking for a friend.
Sure it does. And when it happens, the losing side protests that the result is illegitimate, and the other side indignantly says "Move on." It has always been so. There are no bounds to human hypocrisy.
It's one of those things that separates us from the animals, I think.

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Bret. Tell us something logical because my brain is about to turn off.
Action beats reaction.  Every single time.

[...]
So you live there for the natural blow jobs?

Good morning Tony, Dave, Oy, Rick and Raz.

Bit chilly here for sure, upper 20's but a biting wind to go with it that really makes it uncomfortable.  Will be in the 50's by midday though.  Had to get out the flannel shirt.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5