Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
12/1/2020
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:58:09 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

Finally in the backstretch of 2020.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
If the teachers have to go to school I can see them cancelling, I don't know but I had an ugly commute.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
If the teachers have to go to school I can see them cancelling, I don't know but I had an ugly commute.
Right now, their teachers are all at home. They'd already announced yesterday the school office would be closed (which usually has a couple people in every day), but this morning, said they were closing everything. I guess maybe they're worried about potential power outages causing connection issues? Either way, they'll be hella pleased.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.

Good morning, Dave and Rick. It got a bit colder here after the rain and wind from yesterday but it sounds like I've got nothing to complain about.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.

Good morning, Dave and Rick. It got a bit colder here after the rain and wind from yesterday but it sounds like I've got nothing to complain about.
Good morning Mayor T.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.
The only thing I can think of is since they go to a constellation school, they always use the main city's school district as their guide for when to cancel, because I think they use the same bussing. So since the city's schools aren't totally remote, they cancelled, so ours cancelled.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.
The only thing I can think of is since they go to a constellation school, they always use the main city's school district as their guide for when to cancel, because I think they use the same bussing. So since the city's schools aren't totally remote, they cancelled, so ours cancelled.
But oddly enough, the city we live in did not close schools today. Those kids must be pissed.

Morning, muchachos.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the weather by you this morning?

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the weather by you this morning?
Calmer today than yesterday.  First half of yesterday was pretty blustery and wet.  Mostly, though, it's been a moderate, if soggy, autumn.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the weather by you this morning?
Calmer today than yesterday.  First half of yesterday was pretty blustery and wet.  Mostly, though, it's been a moderate, if soggy, autumn.
We've been pretty lucky too, as far as autumns go. Today was our first bit of anything nasty, other than some crazy wind a couple of November Sundays.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5