Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

  • Administrator
1/6/2015
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »

Dang, it's Tuesday again?  In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a beverage and welcome aboard!

Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:46 AM »

HI Tony,
The guys I came with last year (Gene and Dave) are hoping to return for Friday also.  I like coming up on Thursday, so that we can visit the stores/events, have a meal down by the river at the Match or whatever the name is, then get up to Split Rock in time for the evening events.  Last year after enjoying the tailgate, we went back to the hotel, hoping to warm up and rest, in order to return for the concert.  After warming up, just really didn't have the gas in the tank to return for the concert.  Nice breakfast in the morning and hit up the Hamburg store on the way home.  Great trip.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:08:48 AM »

Well good night all.  Morning will be here too soon.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:12:16 AM »

HI Tony,
The guys I came with last year (Gene and Dave) are hoping to return for Friday also.  I like coming up on Thursday, so that we can visit the stores/events, have a meal down by the river at the Match or whatever the name is, then get up to Split Rock in time for the evening events.  Last year after enjoying the tailgate, we went back to the hotel, hoping to warm up and rest, in order to return for the concert.  After warming up, just really didn't have the gas in the tank to return for the concert.  Nice breakfast in the morning and hit up the Hamburg store on the way home.  Great trip.
We plan to visit Hamburg on Friday morning.  Then we'll make it to the event by 3 or so, followed by our annual tailgate herf.  I'm already looking forward to it.  That would be cool to see the three of you again.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 02:34:02 AM »

Good morning guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 02:39:22 AM »

Today is Tuesday, Jan. 6, the sixth day of 2015. There are 359 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 02:40:07 AM »

Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 6, 1540, England's King Henry VIII married his fourth wife, Anne of Cleves. (The marriage lasted about six months.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 02:40:47 AM »

On this date:
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:51 AM »

In 1759, George Washington and Martha Dandridge Custis were married in New Kent County, Virginia.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 02:42:32 AM »

In 1838, Samuel Morse and Alfred Vail gave the first successful public demonstration of their telegraph in Morristown, New Jersey.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 02:43:01 AM »

In 1912, New Mexico became the 47th state.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 02:43:33 AM »

In 1919, the 26th president of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, died in Oyster Bay, New York, at age 60.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 02:44:15 AM »

In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in his State of the Union address, outlined a goal of "Four Freedoms": Freedom of speech and expression; the freedom of people to worship God in their own way; freedom from want; freedom from fear.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »

In 1945, George Herbert Walker Bush married Barbara Pierce at the First Presbyterian Church in Rye, New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/6/2015
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 02:45:11 AM »

In 1950, Britain recognized the Communist government of China.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21