Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Good morning. I went with a bowl of bayou morning for this mornings smoke
Nice. I will have to find my pipe tobacco. It's buried somewhere in the basement. In fact, I have not smoked it since I left my last job so it's probably in those boxes I had packed up when they laid me off - 4 years ago.
I had to rehydrate my tobacco jars. It's been a long time since I've smoked a pipe. I  tend to go through phases.
I always think I want to give pipes a try, then I never do. One of these days, I'm sure. Possibly.
I always assume (maybe falsely) that the pipe tobacco will not be as good as cigars, although Kyle Gellis has a line
It seems to me that pipes always seem to have a distinct aroma, one not as favorable to me as cigars. Maybe that isn't uniform, but that's been my limited experience.
Same here

Good morning. I went with a bowl of bayou morning for this mornings smoke
Nice. I will have to find my pipe tobacco. It's buried somewhere in the basement. In fact, I have not smoked it since I left my last job so it's probably in those boxes I had packed up when they laid me off - 4 years ago.
I had to rehydrate my tobacco jars. It's been a long time since I've smoked a pipe. I  tend to go through phases.
I always think I want to give pipes a try, then I never do. One of these days, I'm sure. Possibly.
I always assume (maybe falsely) that the pipe tobacco will not be as good as cigars, although Kyle Gellis has a line
Yeah and he's working with the best in the biz Jeremy Reeves

Good morning to you too, Dave.
Howdy, Tony. Happy Jamsday to ya.
Jam-packed with meetings, anyway.
I'm currently in meeting 3 of 10 for today. Thursdays tend to suck.
Yikes. I've only got 1 today, so I won't bitch.
Adding insult to injury, just got notification that kids will be doing fully remote schooling until further notice.
Yep and they closed down gyms and hair salons, etc . Take out only at restaurants
Our governor warned of much the same last week. We'll see what he does. Drumpf has started picking on him, so you know he's gonna be worried about alienating that base now.
Everything has gotten so political people are drawing lines in the sand. I remember the days when you actually showed respect to our elected officials. If this were China there would be no room in the hails.
Everything is political now. Remember back in the old days when we'd deal with an infectious disease by listening to scientists and, you know, infectious disease experts? Good times.
Doubt enters in when "experts" are influenced by political agendas
Well, based on what we've seen this year, it's hard to say listening to the experts wouldn't have been better than it has been.
I think the issue is that the CDC can issue a perfect plan to contain the virus, the problem is that the country can't be shut down completely to pull this off. Same basic principle as fire prevention or police work, if everybody does the right thing we don't have any accidents or fires or crime, it's just unrealistic

Good morning. I went with a bowl of bayou morning for this mornings smoke
Nice. I will have to find my pipe tobacco. It's buried somewhere in the basement. In fact, I have not smoked it since I left my last job so it's probably in those boxes I had packed up when they laid me off - 4 years ago.
I had to rehydrate my tobacco jars. It's been a long time since I've smoked a pipe. I  tend to go through phases.
I think my tobacco is ok. I use those "coins" and since I'm not opening and closing the mason jars, they should stay in decent shape.
I don't like the coins too easy to get mold if water comes into contact with the baccy. In the dark you know what happens. I like to put a shot glass in the jar with no contact.

[...]
And that's the thing, the country doesn't have to be shut down completely to contain this. If people would wear masks and avoid gatherings, it likely would not have gotten anywhere near as bad as it is now. But people complain about how wearing a mask is an infringement on their freedoms, and are egged on by politicians, so this is where we are. Take our current situation - schools are again closing down because we've seen a sudden spike in cases. And that's almost certainly tied to Halloween, where experts said trick or treating is a bad idea, having parties is a bad idea, these are spreader events and 2 weeks from now we'll see a spike in cases. Well, guess what - here we are.

Good morning to you too, Dave.
Howdy, Tony. Happy Jamsday to ya.
Jam-packed with meetings, anyway.
I'm currently in meeting 3 of 10 for today. Thursdays tend to suck.
Yikes. I've only got 1 today, so I won't bitch.
Adding insult to injury, just got notification that kids will be doing fully remote schooling until further notice.
Not surprising. NY just announced the same yesterday. Gonna be a long winter, methinks.
But you can tell it was a last minute decision because they said in their voicemail, if you've already dropped off your kid, please come back to pick him/her up.
Ha, what a shitshow.

Good morning, Chicken Littles. All greens this morning, anything else today is gravy.

[...]
It BS. We here in WNY we are following guidelines. Gyms and restaurants are no different than shopping. I go to the gym I see what goes on. Yet Walmart can stay open. The Governor is shaming us. His comments are totalitarian.

[...]
I disagree, the country has in effect been shut down since March. Unemployment is through the roof because small businesses are shut down. Meanwhile, Walmart, Home Depot, Costco etc...have been allowed to remain open. I'd argue that my local hardware store has a greater ability to control store volume than Home Depot does.

[...]
Not to mention the long term effects such as mental health and addiction. Kids need their friends and education that only schools can provide. I'll be damned if I'm going to be shamed and fear mongered.

[...]
And my point is that shutting everything down IS unnecessary, if people would come together on this thing and practice a little common sense. The virus is now killing people at a rate of a 9/11 attack every 3 days. Can you imagine if ISIS or some other terrorist organization were releasing a chemical agent that killed that many people every 3 days? The entire country would be banded together in ABSOLUTE RAGE ATTACK mode and we'd be absolutely bombing the shit out of something, anything. And yet, here we are, doing this to ourselves because a large group of people either refuse to wear a mask, refuse to stop having gatherings/parties/weddings or refuse to believe this is even a real thing. At this point, the only thing that will help us is the science so many of these people want to ignore in the first place, and that's a vaccine.

[...]
News Flash - This was released intentionally on us, by China. They crippled our economy with impeccable timing and our Idiot-Elect is going to crawl right back in their pocket as soon as possible. He'll allow them to become the new world power and we'll be 2nd

[...]
Now it all makes sense.

Also regarding the Idiot-Elect, now you're allowed to make childish comments, but I'm not? ;)

[...]

Oh please, you're the king of childish comments. I figure that's all you'll understand (insert clever emoji here)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5