CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 11/19/2020  (Read 2532 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/19/2020
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 08:12:28 AM »

Good morning to you too, Dave.
Howdy, Tony. Happy Jamsday to ya.
Jam-packed with meetings, anyway.
I'm currently in meeting 3 of 10 for today. Thursdays tend to suck.
Yikes. I've only got 1 today, so I won't bitch.
Adding insult to injury, just got notification that kids will be doing fully remote schooling until further notice.
Not surprising. NY just announced the same yesterday. Gonna be a long winter, methinks.
But you can tell it was a last minute decision because they said in their voicemail, if you've already dropped off your kid, please come back to pick him/her up.
Seems like at that point, they could've just waited until tomorrow.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 08:13:03 AM »

Good morning. I went with a bowl of bayou morning for this mornings smoke
Nice. I will have to find my pipe tobacco. It's buried somewhere in the basement. In fact, I have not smoked it since I left my last job so it's probably in those boxes I had packed up when they laid me off - 4 years ago.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »

Adding insult to injury, just got notification that kids will be doing fully remote schooling until further notice.
Yep and they closed down gyms and hair salons, etc . Take out only at restaurants
Our governor warned of much the same last week. We'll see what he does. Drumpf has started picking on him, so you know he's gonna be worried about alienating that base now.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »

Yep and they closed down gyms and hair salons, etc . Take out only at restaurants
Our governor warned of much the same last week. We'll see what he does. Drumpf has started picking on him, so you know he's gonna be worried about alienating that base now.
Everything has gotten so political people are drawing lines in the sand. I remember the days when you actually showed respect to our elected officials. If this were China there would be no room in the hails.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 08:31:56 AM »

Nice. I will have to find my pipe tobacco. It's buried somewhere in the basement. In fact, I have not smoked it since I left my last job so it's probably in those boxes I had packed up when they laid me off - 4 years ago.
I had to rehydrate my tobacco jars. It's been a long time since I've smoked a pipe. I  tend to go through phases.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »

I had to rehydrate my tobacco jars. It's been a long time since I've smoked a pipe. I  tend to go through phases.
I think my tobacco is ok. I use those "coins" and since I'm not opening and closing the mason jars, they should stay in decent shape.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »

Everything has gotten so political people are drawing lines in the sand. I remember the days when you actually showed respect to our elected officials. If this were China there would be no room in the hails.
Everything is political now. Remember back in the old days when we'd deal with an infectious disease by listening to scientists and, you know, infectious disease experts? Good times.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »

I always think I want to give pipes a try, then I never do. One of these days, I'm sure. Possibly.

sfish

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »

Everything is political now. Remember back in the old days when we'd deal with an infectious disease by listening to scientists and, you know, infectious disease experts? Good times.
Doubt enters in when "experts" are influenced by political agendas

sfish

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 08:58:27 AM »

I always think I want to give pipes a try, then I never do. One of these days, I'm sure. Possibly.
I always assume (maybe falsely) that the pipe tobacco will not be as good as cigars, although Kyle Gellis has a line

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 09:23:18 AM »

Doubt enters in when "experts" are influenced by political agendas
Well, based on what we've seen this year, it's hard to say listening to the experts wouldn't have been better than it has been.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 09:24:36 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Care to weigh in on our developing argument this morning - cigars or pipe?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 09:25:48 AM »

I always assume (maybe falsely) that the pipe tobacco will not be as good as cigars, although Kyle Gellis has a line

Good morning, Scott. I prefer cigars but I do enjoy the change of pace from time to time. Couldn't say which tobacco is "better".

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »

It seems to me that pipes always seem to have a distinct aroma, one not as favorable to me as cigars. Maybe that isn't uniform, but that's been my limited experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5