Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »

It has gotten cold here. No more working outside riding bikes, etc..
I checked out my gym and they seem like they have their facility clean and socially distanced. I'm going back today with my son to work out.
I'm sticking with the new exercise bike I bought. Been working for me so far.
Aren't you going stir crazy yet?
You mean from just doing the bike, or in general? Lol
Well both. We can all hope for a vaccine but truth is it's going to be some time. I had the virus. I understand everyone's situation but I still need to get out.
Unfortunately, that's the attitude that has caused cases to spike recently. People are getting tired of this and letting their guard down, assuming they had one up at all to begin with. You don't need to look any further than the record numbers of cases we're seeing, and that we've now passed 225k dead to know why I'm staying home as much as I can. Of course I'd like to get out, and to golf, and to have family get-togethers, but not at the expense of my health, or that of my high-risk wife.
I knew that would be taken out of context. I truly understand. No letting of the guard down here. Myself and my family are wearing masks and socially distancing. I feel horrible for my parents and in law's. We haven't seen them without a 10 foot pole.
I wasn't referencing you specifically, because I have no idea what precautions you do or do not take. I was speaking more generally, that as a country, we've decided we're bored with this and are letting our guard down. And that doesn't even take into account the whole, "but, mah freedoms!" crowd, which is a whole other level of stupid.

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »

[...]
during our 6:30 Zoom meeting this morning one of our friends got a call from NY letting her know her brother in law passed away at 5:15 this morning from COVID.
That's doubly awful, to find out that kind of info and to do so during a meeting.
I have seen a man out of state take his last breath during a meeting having a heart attack. we all watched in horror as his wife called 911 and tried to resuscitate him waiting for the ambulance before someone finally ended the meeting.

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 09:01:07 AM »

down here they only want 6 people allowed for Thanksgiving dinner and 30 people to attend funerals. I am going to mourn my pet turkey that I will cook Thanksgiving.
If you're gonna do the eulogy over Zoom, I may log on!

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2020, 09:01:41 AM »

[...]
I have seen a man out of state take his last breath during a meeting having a heart attack. we all watched in horror as his wife called 911 and tried to resuscitate him waiting for the ambulance before someone finally end the meeting.
As Mark might say, holy fook.

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2020, 09:03:51 AM »

Week 33 of quarantine, begin.
Not much has changed for me on the work front. Everything else upside down.
Is the campus fully opened, Rick?
It has been since August with guidelines in place. Residential housing full, Classes, etc.
We have been visiting a bunch of colleges with my daughter but only some are allowing in-person tours.
surprising because enrollment is everything. I know it's how they base operating expenses etc.
Sorry, work got in the way. The places we've been able to visit appear to be fully operational. They are giving mostly an outdoor tour only and we're not allowed to enter buildings where students currently are; dorms, cafeterias, libraries, etc. Then some are doing online virtual/interactive tours where you can ask questions via Zoom/WebEx. Crazy times.

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »

Week 33 of quarantine, begin.
Not much has changed for me on the work front. Everything else upside down.
Is the campus fully opened, Rick?
It has been since August with guidelines in place. Residential housing full, Classes, etc.
We have been visiting a bunch of colleges with my daughter but only some are allowing in-person tours.
surprising because enrollment is everything. I know it's how they base operating expenses etc.
Sorry, work got in the way. The places we've been able to visit appear to be fully operational. They are giving mostly an outdoor tour only and we're not allowed to enter buildings where students currently are; dorms, cafeterias, libraries, etc. Then some are doing online virtual/interactive tours where you can ask questions via Zoom/WebEx. Crazy times.
just about everything is open down here. most neglect social distancing let alone wear a mask. I am still careful. I don't incite a storm with others. I social distance and I wear a mask. fook 'em.

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2020, 09:12:09 AM »

lawn service is here. 😊

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

Glad to get a chance to change the subject. I'm all caught up now, sheesh. What's going on in the cigar world?

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »

[...]
I hear you. I'm seeing more and more people taking their masks off. They're just tired of it. It pisses me off when I'm in Home Depot and young couples are walking down the aisle with the masks on their necks but I refrain from punching them in the throat.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »

numbers are still high in Florida.

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »

Glad to get a chance to change the subject. I'm all caught up now, sheesh. What's going on in the cigar world?
the sis is a bust, V's on the page.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 09:22:20 AM »

halfwheel deals.

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Macanudo Gold Label Limited Edition (Box of 21, $129.99)
Cigar Hustler — Cordoba & Morales Karole Bashkins (Pack of 5, $33.20)
Corona Cigar Co. — Tatuaje TAA 2020 (Box of 20, $214.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Protocol Themis Lancero (Box of $10, $69.95)
Gotham Cigars — Diamond Crown Robusto No.1 (Box of 15, $258.80)
JR Cigars — Quesada Selección España Corona (Box of 20, $99.95)
Luis Martinez — Craftsman’s Bench Double Blade Cutter ($3.91)
STOGIES World Class Cigars — Herrera Estelí Tienda Exclusiva Lancero (Box of 15, $163.84)

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 09:24:57 AM »

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8