Pages: [1] 2 3

  • Administrator
10/25/2020
« on: October 25, 2020, 01:39:01 AM »

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 05:46:14 AM »

Good morning. Not quite OY weather but it's cold

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:37 AM »

Good morning, Rick.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 08:28:05 AM »

ND victory cigar,  Lirio Rojo.

Not to take away from the victory but I'm failing to understand the correlation in choosing that cigar. However with that said, if you beat ANY team by 6 touchdowns you should be able to smoke whatever you want.

Didn't Pitt used to be a contender? What happened to that football program?

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »

ND victory cigar,  Lirio Rojo.

Not to take away from the victory but I'm failing to understand the correlation in choosing that cigar. However with that said, if you beat ANY team by 6 touchdowns you should be able to smoke whatever you want.

Didn't Pitt used to be a contender? What happened to that football program?
Thanks to Google, I found the translation of Lirio Rojo - Red lilies - and apparently they symbolize passion. It's a bit of a stretch but I guess I'll allow it.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »

Good morning, Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. I'm draining cooling towers. Hope all is well.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »

Good morning, Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. I'm draining cooling towers. Hope all is well.
I have a sink to fix first and then we'll see what the rest of the day brings.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »

ND victory cigar,  Lirio Rojo.

Not to take away from the victory but I'm failing to understand the correlation in choosing that cigar. However with that said, if you beat ANY team by 6 touchdowns you should be able to smoke whatever you want.

Didn't Pitt used to be a contender? What happened to that football program?
I have no Irish themed cigars, and not a fan of any candela I've ever tried, so I'll go with a favorite for which I have enough to last me through the season should they run the table.

As for Pitt, yes, they used to have a program. They visited ND with Tony Dorsett on the team when I was a freshman.  Oof.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 09:58:55 AM »

ND victory cigar,  Lirio Rojo.

Not to take away from the victory but I'm failing to understand the correlation in choosing that cigar. However with that said, if you beat ANY team by 6 touchdowns you should be able to smoke whatever you want.

Didn't Pitt used to be a contender? What happened to that football program?
Thanks to Google, I found the translation of Lirio Rojo - Red lilies - and apparently they symbolize passion. It's a bit of a stretch but I guess I'll allow it.
I don't care what anyone says, you're a helluva mayor.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »

Good morning DrainingRick and Plumber'sCrackTony.  I'll check in from the man cave later.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »

ND victory cigar,  Lirio Rojo.

Not to take away from the victory but I'm failing to understand the correlation in choosing that cigar. However with that said, if you beat ANY team by 6 touchdowns you should be able to smoke whatever you want.

Didn't Pitt used to be a contender? What happened to that football program?
I have no Irish themed cigars, and not a fan of any candela I've ever tried, so I'll go with a favorite for which I have enough to last me through the season should they run the table.

As for Pitt, yes, they used to have a program. They visited ND with Tony Dorsett on the team when I was a freshman.  Oof.
I offered you up a bunch of cigar options... :P

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 10:13:41 AM »

Morning Tony, Rick and GreenBean.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »

I guess I'm getting spoiled when you win by 26 and only think about how crappy you played.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »

Today is Sunday, Oct. 25, the 299th day of 2020.
There are 67 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 25, 1910, “America the Beautiful,” with words by Katharine Lee Bates and music by Samuel A. Ward, was first published.

On this date:
In 1760, Britain’s King George III succeeded his late grandfather, George II.
In 1854, the “Charge of the Light Brigade” took place during the Crimean War as an English brigade of more than 600 men charged the Russian army, suffering heavy losses.
In 1881, artist Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga, Spain.

In 1957, mob boss Albert Anastasia of “Murder Inc.” notoriety was shot to death by masked gunmen in a barber shop inside the Park Sheraton Hotel in New York.
In 1962, American author John Steinbeck was named winner of the Nobel Prize in literature.
In 1971, the U.N. General Assembly voted to admit mainland China and expel Taiwan.

In 1983, a U.S.-led force invaded Grenada (greh-NAY’-duh) at the order of President Ronald Reagan, who said the action was needed to protect U.S. citizens there.
In 1986, in Game 6 of the World Series, the New York Mets rallied for three runs with two outs in the 10th inning, defeating the Boston Red Sox 6-5 and forcing a seventh game; the tie-breaking run scored on Boston first baseman Bill Buckner’s error on Mookie Wilson’s slow grounder. (The Mets went on to win the Series.)
In 1994, Susan Smith of Union, South Carolina, claimed that a Black carjacker had driven off with her two young sons (Smith later confessed to drowning the children in John D. Long Lake, and was convicted of murder). Three defendants were convicted in South Africa of murdering American exchange student Amy Biehl. (In 1998, all three were granted amnesty by South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission.)

In 1999, golfer Payne Stewart and five others were killed when their Learjet flew uncontrolled for four hours before crashing in South Dakota; Stewart was 42.
In 2002, U.S. Sen. Paul Wellstone, D-Minn., was killed in a plane crash in northern Minnesota along with his wife, daughter and five others, a week and a-half before the election. Actor Richard Harris died in London at age 72.
In 2014, the World Health Organization said more than 10,000 people had been infected with Ebola and that nearly half of them had died as the outbreak continued to spread. Jack Bruce, 71, the bassist and lead vocalist of the 1960s power trio Cream, died in London.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »

Ten years ago: Afghan President Hamid Karzai (HAH’-mihd KAHR’-zeye) acknowledged receiving millions of dollars in cash from Iran, adding that Washington was giving him “bags of money” as well because his office lacked funds. In Indonesia, an earthquake triggered a tsunami off western Sumatra that killed hundreds and destroyed homes, mosques and other buildings.

Five years ago: Declaring that “today is a time of mercy,” Pope Francis closed a historic meeting of bishops that approved an important new direction in welcoming divorced and civilly remarried Catholics into the church. Six people were killed when a Canadian whale-watching boat capsized off Vancouver Island. Flip Saunders, 60, who rose from the backwaters of basketball’s minor leagues to become one of the most powerful men in the NBA as coach, team president and part owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves, died in Minneapolis.

One year ago: A 40-day strike that crippled General Motors’ U.S. production came to an end as workers approved a new contract. Maria Butina, a Russian woman convicted in the United States of being a Russian agent, was deported to her home country after serving a prison sentence; the gun-rights activist had sought to infiltrate conservative U.S. political groups and promote Russia’s agenda around the time Donald Trump rose to power. The Pentagon awarded Microsoft a $10 billion cloud computing contract, snubbing early front-runner Amazon, whose competitive bid had drawn criticisms from President Donald Trump. (The start of the work was delayed as Amazon challenged the bidding process as flawed.) The Houston Astros won Game 3 of the World Series, the first to be played in Washington, D.C. in 86 years. Actor Felicity Huffman was released from a federal prison in California two days before the end of her two-week sentence for her role in the college admissions scandal.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3