Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »

Ten years ago: Chile’s 33 trapped miners cheered and embraced each other as a drill punched into their underground chamber where they had been stuck for an agonizing 66 days. The International Monetary Fund wrapped up two days of talks in Washington without resolving deep differences over currency movements. A crush of fans circled a flower-graced mosaic in Central Park’s Strawberry Fields and sang lyrics from “Imagine” to honor John Lennon on his 70th birthday.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama visited Roseburg, Oregon, the scene of a community college shooting that had claimed the lives of nine victims as well as the gunman; the president met with victims’ relatives, but also faced protests from legal gun owners. A democracy group, the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, won the Nobel Peace Prize for its contributions to the first and most successful Arab Spring movement. Former British Treasury chief and foreign secretary Geoffrey Howe, 88, died in Warwickshire, England.

One year ago: Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said for the first time that President Donald Trump must be impeached for abusing the powers of his office to help his own reelection. Turkey launched airstrikes, fired artillery and began a ground offensive against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria after U.S. troops pulled back from the area. A heavily-armed man tried to force his way into a synagogue in Germany on Yom Kippur, Judaism’s holiest day, then shot two people to death nearby in an attack that was livestreamed on a gaming site. (The suspect was arrested about 1 [1/2] hours after the attack and is charged with murder and attempted murder.) The Nobel Prize in chemistry was awarded to three scientists, including American John Goodenough, for their work on lithium-ion batteries.

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Retired MLB All-Star Joe Pepitone is 80.
Former Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., is 79.
C-SPAN founder Brian Lamb is 79.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Nona Hendryx is 76.
Singer Jackson Browne is 72.
Nobel Peace laureate Jody Williams is 70.
Actor Gary Frank is 70.
Actor Richard Chaves is 69.
Actor Robert Wuhl is 69.
Actor-TV personality Sharon Osbourne is 68.
Actor Tony Shalhoub is 67.
Actor Scott Bakula is 66.
Musician James Fearnley (The Pogues) is 66.
Actor John O’Hurley is 66.
Writer-producer-director-actor Linwood Boomer is 65.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Mike Singletary is 62.
Actor Michael Pare is 62.
Jazz musician Kenny Garrett is 60.
Rock singer-musician Kurt Neumann (The BoDeans) is 59.
Country singer Gary Bennett is 56.
Movie director Guillermo del Toro is 56.
Former British Prime Minister David Cameron is 54.
Singer P.J. Harvey is 51.
Movie director Steve McQueen (Film: “12 Years a Slave”) is 51.
World Golf Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam is 50.
Actor Cocoa Brown is 48.
Country singer Tommy Shane Steiner is 47.
Actor Steve Burns is 47.
Rock singer Sean Lennon is 45.
Actor Randy Spelling is 42.
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae is 41. Actor Brandon Routh is 41.
Actor Zachery Ty Bryan is 39.
Actor Spencer Grammer is 37.
Comedian Melissa Villasenor (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 33.
Actor Tyler James Williams is 28.
Country singer Scotty McCreery (TV: “American Idol”) is 27.
Actor Jharrel Jerome is 23.

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-\  Isn't that just early voting?

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-\  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2020, 11:28:12 AM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2020, 12:11:54 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2020, 12:14:54 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2020, 12:26:20 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
I'm sure it will be an entirely appropriate ending for 2020.   :o

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
I'm sure it will be an entirely appropriate ending for 2020.   :o
That's an even scarier thought.

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2020, 12:57:27 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.
The difference that I can see is that previously, you had to request the mail-in ballot. Now if more than one shows up without you asking for it, you could be tempted to submit all of them.

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »

I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.
The difference that I can see is that previously, you had to request the mail-in ballot. Now if more than one shows up without you asking for it, you could be tempted to submit all of them.
And with the current climate, they'd lock your ass up!

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2020, 01:14:40 PM »

Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2020, 01:16:11 PM »

Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?
I didn't start it this time!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5