Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »

It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Not the visual I needed this early in the day.
Or any time of the day, really.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 09:14:29 AM »

Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »

It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Not the visual I needed this early in the day.
Or any time of the day, really.
Indeed.  Let's hope Oy is not lurking, I haven't had breakfast yet.

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »

Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »

Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.
I hope a great Friday is in store for all of us on here. Stress has been through the roof. I need time with a cigar in the worst way.

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 09:53:29 AM »

Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Good morning, Bean.

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »

I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 09:57:10 AM »

I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.
Just knocked out a cup of Irish breakfast tea. No additional Irish enhancements, however.

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 10:16:42 AM »

Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
...and some not so great ones.... ;D

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »

Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
...and some not so great ones.... ;D
Oh yeah, I didn't mean anyone here, I just assumed it happened. ;)

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »

Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.
I hope a great Friday is in store for all of us on here. Stress has been through the roof. I need time with a cigar in the worst way.
Aren't you working from home?  You could go outside RIGHT NOW and have one!
Your stress would go way down and productivity up if you enjoyed a stick or two during the workday.

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 10:20:25 AM »

I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.
Just knocked out a cup of Irish breakfast tea. No additional Irish enhancements, however.
Then it wasn't really Irish!   ;D

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 10:22:15 AM »

Morning GlassCuttersTony, TanLinesDean, FlyChasinDave and Mr. GreenBean.

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 10:23:33 AM »

Looking like tomorrow's game might come close to the Notre Dame Hurricane Bowl weatherwise.
I will be watching it from the comfy confines of the White Whale Inn.

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 10:28:00 AM »

Today is Friday, Oct. 9, the 283rd day of 2020.
There are 83 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 9, 1936, the first generator at Boulder (later Hoover) Dam began transmitting electricity to Los Angeles.

On this date:
In 1888, the public was first admitted to the Washington Monument.
In 1910, a coal dust explosion at the Starkville Mine in Colorado left 56 miners dead.
In 1914, the Belgian city of Antwerp fell to German forces during World War I.

In 1967, Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader Che Guevara, 39, was summarily executed by the Bolivian army a day after his capture.
In 1974, businessman Oskar Schindler, credited with saving about 1,200 Jews during the Holocaust, died in Frankfurt, West Germany (at his request, he was buried in Jerusalem).
In 1985, the hijackers of the Achille Lauro (ah-KEE’-leh LOW’-roh) cruise liner surrendered two days after seizing the vessel in the Mediterranean. (Passenger Leon Klinghoffer was killed by the hijackers during the standoff.)

In 2001, in the first daylight raids since the start of U.S.-led attacks on Afghanistan, jets bombed the Taliban stronghold of Kandahar. Letters postmarked in Trenton, N.J., were sent to Sens. Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy; the letters later tested positive for anthrax.
In 2009, President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for what the Norwegian Nobel Committee called “his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.”
In 2012, former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison following his conviction on 45 counts of sexual abuse of boys.

In 2014, six U.S. military planes arrived in the Ebola hot zone with more Marines as West African leaders pleaded for the world’s help in dealing with what Sierra Leone President Ernest Bai Koroma described as “a tragedy unforeseen in modern times.”
In 2016, During a bitter debate in St. Louis, Hillary Clinton declared that Donald Trump’s vulgar comments about women revealed “exactly who he is” and proved his unsuitability to be president; firing back, Trump accused Clinton of attacking women involved in Bill Clinton’s extramarital affairs and promised she would “be in jail” if he were president.
In 2018, Brett Kavanaugh took the bench for the first time as a Supreme Court justice in a jovial atmosphere that was at odds with the rancor that surrounded his confirmation.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5