Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »

Ten years ago: A presidential commission said the Obama administration had blocked efforts by government scientists to tell the American public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could become and committed other missteps that raised questions about its competence and candor during the crisis. Roy Halladay pitched the second no-hitter in postseason history, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 in Game 1 of the NL division series. Social networking app Instagram was launched by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.

Five years ago: Gen. John F. Campbell, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, recommended before Congress that President Barack Obama revise his plan to cut the current U.S. force of 9,800 and keep more than 1,000 U.S. troops in the country beyond 2016. Takaaki Kajita of Japan and Arthur McDonald of Canada won the Nobel Prize in physics for key discoveries about neutrinos, a cosmic particle that whizzes through space at nearly the speed of light, passing easily through Earth and even people’s bodies. Convicted killer Juan Martin Garcia was executed by Texas for fatally shooting another man in a robbery that yielded just $8.

One year ago: The White House said U.S. forces in northeast Syria would move aside and clear the way for an expected Turkish assault, essentially abandoning Kurdish fighters who’d fought alongside American forces against Islamic State militants. (Turkey would launch the assault days later.) The FBI said California prison inmate Samuel Little, who claimed to have killed more than 90 women across the country, was considered to be the deadliest serial killer in U.S. history, and that all of his confessions appeared to be credible. Ginger Baker, the drummer who helped shatter boundaries of time, tempo and style in popular music during his work with Cream and other bands, died at the age of 80. Comedian Rip Taylor died in Beverly Hills, California, at the age of 88.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 10:28:39 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:
Broadcaster and writer Melvyn Bragg is 81.
Actor Britt Ekland is 78.
The former leader of Sinn Fein (shin fayn), Gerry Adams, is 72.
Singer-musician Thomas McClary is 71.
Musician Sid McGinnis is 71.
Rock singer Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon) is 69.
Rock singer-musician David Hidalgo (Los Lobos) is 66.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Tony Dungy is 65.
Actor Elisabeth Shue is 57. Singer Matthew Sweet is 56.
Actor Jacqueline Obradors is 54.
Country singer Tim Rushlow is 54.
Rock musician Tommy Stinson is 54.
Actor Amy Jo Johnson is 50.
Actor Emily Mortimer is 49.
Actor Lamman (la-MAHN’) Rucker is 49.
Actor Ioan Gruffudd (YOH’-ihn GRIH’-fihth) is 47.
Actor Jeremy Sisto is 46.
Actor Brett Gelman is 44.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Melinda Doolittle is 43.
Actor Wes Ramsey is 43.
Actor Karimah Westbook is 42.
Singer-musician Will Butler is 38.
Actor Stefanie Martini is 30.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 10:29:32 AM »

The pink power ranger is 50 today... :o

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 10:32:31 AM »

Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »

Wonder if Mr. Bean has had the Lonsdale Lirio Rojo?

https://atlanticcigar.com/warped-cabinet-seleccion-lirio-rojo-lonsdale/

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 10:56:49 AM »

Bent dick lull carryover?

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »

Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Those DO look fancy.

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »

Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Nice looking haul. I think you should burn one

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 11:21:42 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave and Bret. Been having a brutal morning. Head is about to explode.

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 11:34:35 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 11:35:40 AM »

Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
That sounds about right. I should be able to confirm shortly...

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »

Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »

Where's Deano been?
Hopefully, golfing.

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:35 AM »

Bent dick lull carryover?
Makes it easier to catch up. I'm almost there.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6