Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

  • Administrator
10/6/2020
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:00:20 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 05:35:13 AM »

Good morning guys.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 05:44:34 AM »

Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 06:07:37 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 06:54:57 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:17:16 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:14:50 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 08:15:49 AM »

Where's Deano been?

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 08:17:56 AM »

Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:20 AM »

Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »

Tuesday indeed.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »

Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.
Still have the AC on, but it doesn't run much... ;)

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 10:11:06 AM »

Crapola on the initial offerings perused so far.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 10:11:26 AM »

Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.
Still have the AC on, but it doesn't run much... ;)
Careful, you're edging into Dean territory here.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 10:22:25 AM »

Today is Tuesday, Oct. 6, the 280th day of 2020.
There are 86 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 6, 1973, war erupted in the Middle East as Egypt and Syria launched a surprise attack on Israel during the Yom Kippur holiday. (Israel, initially caught off guard, managed to push back the Arab forces before a cease-fire finally took hold in the nearly three-week conflict.)

On this date:
In 1884, the Naval War College was established in Newport, Rhode Island.
In 1927, the era of talking pictures arrived with the opening of “The Jazz Singer” starring Al Jolson, a feature containing both silent and sound-synchronized sequences.
In 1928, Chiang Kai-shek became president of China.

In 1939, in a speech to the Reichstag, German Chancellor Adolf Hitler spoke of his plans to reorder the ethnic layout of Europe [–] a plan which would entail settling the “Jewish problem.”
In 1949, President Harry S. Truman signed the Mutual Defense Assistance Act, providing $1.3 billion in military aid to NATO countries.
In 1969, the New York Mets won the first-ever National League Championship Series, defeating the Atlanta Braves, 7-4, in Game 3; the Baltimore Orioles won the first-ever American League Championship Series, defeating the Minnesota Twins 11-2 in Game 3.

In 1976, President Gerald R. Ford, in his second presidential debate with Democrat Jimmy Carter, asserted that there was “no Soviet domination of eastern Europe.” (Ford later conceded such was not the case.)
In 1979, Pope John Paul II, on a week-long U.S. tour, became the first pontiff to visit the White House, where he was received by President Jimmy Carter.
In 1981, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat was shot to death by extremists while reviewing a military parade.

In 2004, the top U.S. arms inspector in Iraq, Charles Duelfer (DEHL’-fur), reported finding no evidence Saddam Hussein’s regime had produced weapons of mass destruction after 1991.
In 2014, the Supreme Court unexpectedly cleared the way for a dramatic expansion of gay marriage in the United States as it rejected appeals from five states seeking to preserve their bans, effectively making such marriages legal in 30 states.
In 2018, in the narrowest Senate confirmation of a Supreme Court justice in nearly a century and a half, Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed by a 50-48 vote; he was sworn in hours later.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6