Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »

Ten years ago: Faisal Shahzad (FY’-sul shah-ZAHD’), the Pakistani immigrant who’d tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square, accepted a life sentence from a federal judge in New York with a smirk and warned that Americans could expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims. President Barack Obama convened the first-ever White House summit on community colleges, calling them the “unsung heroes of America’s education system.”

Five years ago: The United States, Japan and 10 other nations in Asia and the Americas reached agreement on the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. The Coast Guard concluded that El Faro, a container ship that went missing during Hurricane Joaquin off the Bahamas, had sunk. Irish-born William Campbell, Satoshi Omura and of Japan and Tu Youyou of China won the Nobel Prize in medicine for discoveries that helped doctors fight malaria and infections caused by roundworm parasites.

One year ago: A Taliban official said a delegation from the group had met with a U.S. envoy in the Pakistani capital; it was the first such encounter since President Donald Trump announced a month earlier that a peace deal to end Afghanistan’s 18-year war was dead. Iraqi protesters pressed on with anti-government rallies in the capital and across several provinces for a fifth day, setting government offices on fire; security agencies fatally shot 19 protesters and wounded more than three dozen.

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 10:26:07 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Glynis Johns is 97.
College Football Hall of Fame coach Barry Switzer is 83.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Arlene Smith (The Chantels) is 79.
Singer-musician Steve Miller is 77.
Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin, D-Md., is 77.
Rock singer Brian Johnson (AC/DC) is 73.
Blues musician Rick Estrin is 71.
Actor Karen Allen is 69.
Writer-producer-director Clive Barker is 68.
Rock musician David Bryson (Counting Crows) is 66.
Astrophysicist-author Neil deGrasse Tyson is 62.
Memorial designer Maya Lin is 61.
Actor Daniel Baldwin is 60.
Rock singer-musician Dave Dederer is 56.
Hockey Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux is 55.
Actor Guy Pearce is 53.
Actor Josie Bissett is 50.
Singer-actor Heather Headley is 46.
Pop-rock singer Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) is 46.
Rock musician Brian Mashburn (Save Ferris) is 45.
Actor Parminder Nagra (pahr-MIHN’-da NAH’-grah) is 45.
Actor Scott Weinger is 45.
Actor Kate Winslet is 45.
Rock musician James Valentine (Maroon 5) is 42.
Rock musician Paul Thomas (Good Charlotte) is 40.
Actor Jesse Eisenberg is 37.
TV personality Nicky Hilton is 37.
Actor Azure Parsons is 36.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Brooke Valentine is 35.
Actor Kevin Bigley is 34.
Actor Joshua Logan Moore is 26.
Actor Jacob Tremblay is 14.

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

Had to look up Azure Parsons....
...just sounded too much like a stripper name....
guess I was wrong....

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
4 and 0 Baby

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »

@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I'm still working through a box of them from their initial release. Decent smoke but for San Andreas Maduros I would rather reach for a La Historias, San Lotano Maduro etc.

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2020, 10:47:41 AM »

@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I've had the Willie Lee vitola.  Nice smoke.  Different blender and tabacalara I believe.  Don't know if EPC is to busy making everybody elses cigars or the just wanted to diversify.  With that, a different flavor profile.  Also seems to be a more economical line from the rest of their offerings.  Can't say anything stood out about it.

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
4 and 0 Baby
I was primarily referring to the Brownies.  Bills looking good and gaining confidence.

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »

Morning Razzer.

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2020, 10:49:38 AM »

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 10:50:14 AM »

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »

@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I'm still working through a box of them from their initial release. Decent smoke but for San Andreas Maduros I would rather reach for a La Historias, San Lotano Maduro etc.
Good to know, thanks.

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 10:53:03 AM »

Had to look up Azure Parsons....
...just sounded too much like a stripper name....
guess I was wrong....
I mean, you can't see the rest of her, so you never know.

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 11:21:21 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Singer-musician Steve Miller is 77.

Cigarbanter.com used to have its very own Steve Miller (can't remember his moniker to save my life) but like many BotL, he has disappeared.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5