Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 09:25:39 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Bend but don't break, baby!

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 09:26:58 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Yeah this year has been all about the offense. Allen is looking like a franchise QB
Read an article yesterday about how offensive holding calls are way down this year, and defensive pass interference is way up. The only explanation is that the NFL is making an effort to try to make the games higher scoring and more exciting. Seems to be working.

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Yeah this year has been all about the offense. Allen is looking like a franchise QB
Read an article yesterday about how offensive holding calls are way down this year, and defensive pass interference is way up. The only explanation is that the NFL is making an effort to try to make the games higher scoring and more exciting. Seems to be working.
That's interesting. If it was an online article and you happen to still have the link, please share.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 09:40:57 AM »

@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »

Just got our benefit info for next year. Not only are our rates remaining the same, but we now get MLK Jr day as a holiday, along with 2 extra days to take off for things that are important to us. I think I might take off National Cigar Day. :D

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »

Monday mornin' jammin'.
Only noted Camachos and this PDR Factory Tour Sampler. Not impressed yet.
Now we're on to Buesos!

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »

Monday mornin' jammin'.
Only noted Camachos and this PDR Factory Tour Sampler. Not impressed yet.
Now we're on to Buesos!
NOW, I'm impressed!

Good morning, Dave.

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »

Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
That discount grocery store?   ???

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »

Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
That discount grocery store?   ???
I prefer Save-a-Lot, cause then I don't have to carry a quarter with me.

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Bend but don't break, baby!
TWSS?

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
I used the words almost and competent. This is as carried away as a Browns fan gets these days.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »

LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Wonder if the Giants are in the Tankin' for Trevor contest?

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 10:19:38 AM »

Now that's a Jam combo I've never seen before...Camacho sampler and a portable charger.... :-\

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »

Today is Monday, Oct. 5, the 279th day of 2020.
There are 87 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 5, 2005, defying the White House, senators voted 90-9 to approve an amendment sponsored by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that would prohibit the use of “cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment” against anyone in U.S. government custody. (A reluctant President George W. Bush later signed off on the amendment.)

On this date:
In 1892, the Dalton Gang, notorious for its train robberies, was practically wiped out while attempting to rob a pair of banks in Coffeyville, Kansas.
In 1947, President Harry S. Truman delivered the first televised White House address as he spoke on the world food crisis.
In 1953, Earl Warren was sworn in as the 14th chief justice of the United States, succeeding Fred M. Vinson
.
In 1955, a stage adaptation of “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett opened at the Cort Theatre in New York.
In 1958, racially-desegregated Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, was mostly leveled by an early morning bombing.
In 1983, Solidarity founder Lech Walesa (lek vah-WEN’-sah) was named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 1988, Democrat Lloyd Bentsen lambasted Republican Dan Quayle during their vice-presidential debate, telling Quayle, “Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”
In 1989, a jury in Charlotte, North Carolina, convicted former P-T-L evangelist Jim Bakker (BAY’-kur) of using his television show to defraud followers.
In 2001, tabloid photo editor Robert Stevens died from inhaled anthrax, the first of a series of anthrax cases in Florida, New York, New Jersey and Washington.

In 2011, Apple founder Steve Jobs, 56, died in Palo Alto, California.
In 2017, Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein announced that he was taking a leave of absence from his company after a New York Times article detailed decades of alleged sexual harassment against women including actor Ashley Judd.
In 2018, a jury in Chicago convicted white police officer Jason Van Dyke of second-degree murder in the 2014 shooting of Black teenager Laquan McDonald.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5