CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 9/23/2020  (Read 2916 times)

Threebean

Re: 9/23/2020
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 06:28:44 PM »

I got a call to do a favor for a friend and got in an accident. no injuries. my truck is fine. minor damage to the other. but car parts are expensive.
Glad you're ok, Dean.

No good deed goes unpunished. You know that.
I guess so.
Indeed.  Similar thing happened to me years ago.  Driving to the hospital to see a girlfriend who ended up there (I forget the circumstance) and got hit by a kid who ignored the ROW and turned left into me at an intersection.  No injuries but f'kd up my car pretty good.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »

I got a call to do a favor for a friend and got in an accident. no injuries. my truck is fine. minor damage to the other. but car parts are expensive.
Glad you're ok, Dean.

I guess so.
Indeed.  Similar thing happened to me years ago.  Driving to the hospital to see a girlfriend who ended up there (I forget the circumstance) and got hit by a kid who ignored the ROW and turned left into me at an intersection.  No injuries but f'kd up my car pretty good.
that’s why I don’t help people

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »

Glad you're ok, Dean.

I guess so.
that’s why I don’t help people
There ya go, that's the lesson we wanted out of this.    :-\

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 07:56:30 PM »

Coffee reheating, time to pick out a cigar or two.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »

Don't think there are any Viaje fans around here, but here's the following from SBC

Viaje Zombie Collector's Edition!
We are excited to annouce the arrival of the new Viaje Zombie Collector's Edition! The release has three different blends donned in the Viaje Collector's Edition secondary band. We have each offering in packs and boxes plus we put together a sampler that features two of each!

Viaje Black Collector's Edition
Viaje Green Collector's Edition
Viaje Red Collector's Edition

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

Don't think there are any Viaje fans around here, but here's the following from SBC

We are excited to annouce the arrival of the new Viaje Zombie Collector's Edition! The release has three different blends donned in the Viaje Collector's Edition secondary band. We have each offering in packs and boxes plus we put together a sampler that features two of each!

My question is why call them a collectors edition....you're supposed to smoke them, right?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »

My question is why call them a collectors edition....you're supposed to smoke them, right?
* $103 for a sampler of 6/2 each.  I don't think so.

Threebean

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:10 PM »

* $103 for a sampler of 6/2 each.  I don't think so.
Better be FS for that price!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2020, 09:44:33 PM »

Well...

Threebean

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:51 PM »

Well...
Come on, silly, when you give it an exclusive sounding name you can charge more for it. 

It's like when women hear ClemsonDave is known as the White Whale, they're like "I want some of that!"

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2020, 10:05:44 PM »

Well...
Come on, silly, when you give it an exclusive sounding name you can charge more for it. 

It's like when women hear ClemsonDave is known as the White Whale, they're like "I want some of that!"
EXACTLY!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]