Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1994, a gunman walked into a pair of suburban Boston abortion clinics and opened fire, killing two employees. (John C. Salvi III was later convicted of murder; he died in prison, an apparent suicide.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1999, former Beatle George Harrison fought off a knife-wielding intruder who broke into his mansion west of London and stabbed him in the chest. (Michael Abram was later acquitted of attempted murder by reason of insanity.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2006, Iraqis awoke to news that Saddam Hussein had been hanged; victims of his three decades of autocratic rule took to the streets to celebrate.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Democrat Christine Gregoire was declared victor of Washington's gubernatorial election over Republican Dino Rossi by 129 votes out of more than 2.8 million cast. A fire broke out during a rock concert at a nightclub in Buenos Aires, Argentina, killing 194 people. Bandleader and clarinetist Artie Shaw died in Thousand Oaks, California, at age 94.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Seven CIA employees and a Jordanian intelligence officer were killed by a suicide bomber at a U.S. base in Khost, Afghanistan. British contractor Peter Moore was freed more than two years after he was abducted outside Iraq's Finance Ministry. Former Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid, 69, who had ruled after the fall of dictator Suharto, died in Jakarta.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Six states were named by federal officials to develop test sites for drones: Alaska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Texas and Virginia. Barely 12 hours after the NFL's regular season ended, four more head coaches were fired: Washington's Mike Shanahan, Detroit's Jim Schwartz, Minnesota's Leslie Frazier and Tampa Bay's Greg Schiano. (Cleveland's Rob Chudzinski had been fired the night before.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actor Joseph Bologna is 80. Actor Russ Tamblyn is 80. Baseball Hall-of-Famer Sandy Koufax is 79. Actor Jack Riley is 79. Folk singer Noel Paul Stookey is 77. TV director James Burrows is 74. Actor Fred Ward is 72. Singer-musician Michael Nesmith is 72. Actress Concetta Tomei (toh-MAY') is 69. Singer Patti Smith is 68. Rock singer-musician Jeff Lynne is 67. TV personality Meredith Vieira is 61. Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph is 59. Actress Patricia Kalember is 58. Country singer Suzy Bogguss is 58. "Today" show co-host Matt Lauer is 57. Actress-comedian Tracey Ullman is 55. Rock musician Rob Hotchkiss is 54. Radio-TV commentator Sean Hannity is 53. Sprinter Ben Johnson is 53. Actor George Newbern is 51. Singer Jay Kay (Jamiroquai) is 45. Rock musician Byron McMackin (Pennywise) is 45. Actress Meredith Monroe is 45. Actor Daniel Sunjata is 43. Actress Maureen Flannigan is 42. Actor Jason Behr is 41. Golfer Tiger Woods is 39. TV personality-boxer Laila Ali is 37. Actress Lucy Punch is 37. Singer-actor Tyrese Gibson is 36. Actress Eliza Dushku is 34. Rock musician Tim Lopez (Plain White T's) is 34. Actress Kristin Kreuk is 32. Folk-rock singer-musician Wesley Schultz (The Lumineers) is 32. NBA player LeBron James is 30. Pop-rock singer Ellie Goulding (GOL'-ding) is 28. Pop-rock musician Jamie Follese (FAHL'-es-ay) (Hot Chelle (shel) Rae) is 23.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "I respect faith, but doubt is what gives you an education." — Wilson Mizner, American playwright (1876-1933).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Change of Mind
-------------------------

A man once spent days looking for his new hat. Finally, he decided that he'd go to church on Sunday and sit at the back. During the service he would sneak out and grab a hat from the rack at the front door.

On Sunday, he went to church and sat at the back. The sermon was about the 10 commandments. He sat through the whole sermon and instead of sneaking out he waited until the sermon was over and went to talk to the minister.

"Father, I came here today to steal a hat to replace the one I lost. But after hearing your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I changed my mind."

The minister said, "Bless you my son. Was it when I started to preach 'Thou shall not steal,' that changed your heart?"

The man responded, "No, it was the one on adultery. When you started to preach on that, I remembered where I left my hat."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Chip.
70° and rain here. Trinidad corona and coffee going.
Logged

dwgbryant

pretty lousy 2fer next door. at one time they were some of my better smokes.
Logged

dwgbryant

Congrats TravelinDave for that game last night!
Oklahoma didn't show up did they?
Logged

dwgbryant

In 1813, British troops burned Buffalo, New York, during the War of 1812.
it was probably a mistake. weren't they just trying to stay warm?
Logged

dwgbryant

sheesh
Logged