Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day  (Read 3370 times)

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
It's nice to work for a Publich Health agency and get assigned to the Incident Management Team when a pandemic hits.  I didn't get hazard pay, but I got overtime and shift differential.  Yes, the government gave me $1200 of my money back, but given how much they've stolen from me over the past four decades, it wasn't really much of a perk.  I'm sure it got lots of people really excited, all those people who also like giving the IRS interest-free loans so they can get a big refund.  Sigh.  But I'm sure not turning it down.  It's my money.

I do feel bad for those who have been thrown out of work.  I'm contributing to several.  I'd contribute to more, but the government takes so much to fund THEIR charities that they don't leave enough.
just open up and let who want to work .....WORK!

[...]

  I agree.  Unfortunately, the governor doesn't.

[...]

Does any governor?

[...]

Exactly. So I keep my expectations low.
Logged

[...]

SD is open

[...]

Even on Labor Day?

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Boone better get his club in order
No joke. We're losing stupid games. And not just losing but getting our asses handed to us.
Yeah last year you felt they could always comeback whenever down. Right now they just plain suck.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.

Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.

yumm

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.

yumm
The meat turned out great (TWSS)

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.

I loves me some chicken thighs. They look perfect.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Copying off Mark.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.

I loves me some chicken thighs. They look perfect.
Thanks. Cheated and oven baked them low for 40 min before putting them on the grill. They were yummo.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6