Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day  (Read 3378 times)

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
Since 2006, the you're lucky you're working attitude has been pissing me off. I once told a boss, "you're lucky I'm working for you". I was laid off within a year. Coincidence?

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF
I had a boss tell me that help was coming for about two years before I finally quit. Corporate bullshit is the worst. One day he finally told me that if I could do better, I should quit. I did just that, within two weeks.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

I better just chill.....

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

I better just chill.....
Great idea, Rick.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF
I had a boss tell me that help was coming for about two years before I finally quit. Corporate bullshit is the worst. One day he finally told me that if I could do better, I should quit. I did just that, within two weeks.
Good for you. I have some incentives worked into my contract. I lose them. I'm shopping.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Boone better get his club in order

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Boone better get his club in order
No joke. We're losing stupid games. And not just losing but getting our asses handed to us.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
nope, in fact she just stopped by with some treats to enjoy after lunch seeing how I read my sticker wrong and still have 3,000 miles left on my oil. think I'll put some miles on her later.
she knows her sticks.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

First cigar of the day.

i had. the same, great minds 😂
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Chilly 🥶

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Chilly
Sorry to hear it. Enjoying the unofficial last day of summer here at the swim club.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

97 deg, feels like 104 deg.  About to put the meat on the grill.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
It's nice to work for a Public Health agency and get assigned to the Incident Management Team when a pandemic hits.  I didn't get hazard pay, but I got overtime and shift differential.  Yes, the government gave me $1200 of my money back, but given how much they've stolen from me over the past four decades, it wasn't really much of a perk.  I'm sure it got lots of people really excited, all those people who also like giving the IRS interest-free loans so they can get a big refund.  Sigh.  But I'm sure not turning it down.  It's my money.

I do feel bad for those who have been thrown out of work.  I'm contributing to several.  I'd contribute to more, but the government takes so much to fund THEIR charities that they don't leave enough.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

97 deg, feels like 104 deg.  About to put the meat on the grill.
That sounds like a euphemism if I ever heard one.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6