Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day  (Read 3388 times)

CigarBanter

  • Administrator
9/7/2020 - Labor Day
« on: September 07, 2020, 12:01:20 AM »

Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Happy day off.
If CB won’t post groundhog updates then I’ll just cut and paste.
“Oh, the mother groundhog took a run at the doe and her fawns when she had the youngens out the other night. Pretty damn feisty if you ask me.”

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Feels like ground hog day for me....

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Happy No Labor Labor Day.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Happy No Labor Labor Day.
For some of us.
Good morning Dean.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Happy No Labor Labor Day.
For some of us.
Good morning Dean.
sorry you don't get to enjoy the long weekend Rick.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Good morning Dean, Rick, and CrossPostingOy.  Morning cigar in the forecast here.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Good morning Dean, Rick, and CrossPostingOy.  Morning cigar in the forecast here.
That's a fine thing!

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

How did you like that Warped Flor de Valle Bean?

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Morning Rick, Bean, Dean and SurrogateOy.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Today is Monday, Sept. 7, the 251st day of 2020.

There are 115 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On September 7, 1940, Nazi Germany began its eight-month blitz of Britain during World War II with the first air attack on London.

On this date:
In 1892, James J. Corbett knocked out John L. Sullivan to win the world heavyweight crown in New Orleans in a fight conducted under the Marquess of Queensberry rules.
In 1907, the British liner RMS Lusitania set out from Liverpool, England, on its maiden voyage, arriving six days later in New York.
In 1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.

In 1972, the International Olympic Committee banned Vince Matthews and Wayne Collett of the U.S. from further competition for talking to each other on the victory stand in Munich during the playing of the “Star-Spangled Banner” after winning the gold and silver medals in the 400-meter run.
In 1977, the Panama Canal treaties, calling for the U.S. to eventually turn over control of the waterway to Panama, were signed in Washington by President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE’-hohs).
In 1979, the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) made its cable TV debut.
In 1986, Desmond Tutu was installed as the first Black clergyman to lead the Anglican Church in southern Africa.
In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot and mortally wounded on the Las Vegas Strip; he died six days later.

In 2005, police and soldiers went house to house in New Orleans to try to coax the last stubborn holdouts into leaving the city shattered by Hurricane Katrina. President George W. Bush led the nation in a final tribute to William H. Rehnquist, remembering the late chief justice as the Supreme Court’s steady leader and a man of lifetime integrity.
In 2007, Osama bin Laden appeared in a video for the first time in three years, telling Americans they should convert to Islam if they wanted the war in Iraq to end.

In 2008, troubled mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were placed in government conservatorship.
In 2014, Serena Williams won her third consecutive U.S. Open championship and 18th major title overall, taking 75 minutes to beat good friend Caroline Wozniacki 6-3, 6-3.

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Ten years ago: A Chinese fishing trawler and two Japanese patrol boats collided near disputed islands in the East China Sea, further straining relations between Beijing and Tokyo. Lucius Walker, 80, who’d led an annual pilgrimage of aid volunteers to Cuba in defiance of the nearly half century U.S. trade embargo, died in New York.

Five years ago: Hillary Clinton, interviewed by The Associated Press during a campaign swing through Iowa, said she did not need to apologize for using a private email account and server while at the State Department because “what I did was allowed.” Courting unions on Labor Day, President Barack Obama denounced Republicans for a “constant attack on working Americans,” telling a rally in Boston that he was using his executive power to force federal contractors to give paid sick leave to their employees. Former child star Dickie Moore, 89, died in Connecticut.

One year ago: President Donald Trump said he had canceled a secret weekend meeting at Camp David with Taliban and Afghan leaders, just days before the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, after a bombing in the past week in Kabul that killed 12 people, including an American soldier. India’s lunar lander crashed on the surface of the moon, where it was supposed to deploy a rover to search for signs of water; a successful landing would have made India just the fourth country to land a vessel on the lunar surface. Nineteen-year-old Bianca Andreescu won her first Grand Slam title, beating Serena Williams 6-3, 7-5 in the final of the U.S. Open. After being released by the Oakland Raiders without playing a regular season game, wide receiver Antonio Brown was signed by the New England Patriots. (The Patriots would release Brown two weeks later after a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct.)

Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day

Good morning Mr Bean and Clemson Dave
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6