Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Morning Tony and Dave.

Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
I'll be staying away from cigarbid for some time. Also recently picked up a 20-count box of Rosa de Guadalupe and an 18-count tube of MUWAT kentucky fire cured lanceros for $100 shipped. Never tried either but I've heard decent things about the Rosa and I figured the MUWAT could be an interesting change of pace.
And then on a third order, I got 10 Valkyrie robustos for $30 shipped. Even with once a week shipping I wasn't able to coordinate them all to be sent together. Anyhoo ~$170 is enough to spend on cigars for now.
At the rate you smoke, these purchases should last you for 2-3 years. ;)
Exactly. Just adding to the collection. Although I envision a day where I'm retired and smoke daily. Of course, I also envision death and the family giving away all my cigars.

Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, PeerPressureDave.

[...]
I can easily see either one happening here, too.

Morning Tony and Dave.
Morning, SecondDave.

good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.

Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
True, and you're paying the tax either way.

Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
I'll be staying away from cigarbid for some time. Also recently picked up a 20-count box of Rosa de Guadalupe and an 18-count tube of MUWAT kentucky fire cured lanceros for $100 shipped. Never tried either but I've heard decent things about the Rosa and I figured the MUWAT could be an interesting change of pace.
The Rosa is a solid smoke, and you're right, the MUWAT is a nice change when you want to mix it up a bit.
Like that Rosa for sure.  MUWAT fire cured just didn't do it for me.  Interesting experiment, but profile not for me.
Agreed on the Kentucky fire cured.  A bit weird.

[...]
Those KFC's are going to stick up your humi.  Might want to find storage with some non-premium neighbors.

good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
Agreed.  Hope your ticker gets its mojo back.

Morning cigar shoppers.  Already thinking about an afternoon stick.  (TWSS).

Morning cigar shoppers.  Already thinking about an afternoon stick.  (TWSS).
Did she, though? Morning, WishfulThinkingMark.

good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.

Today is Friday, Sept. 4, the 248th day of 2020.
There are 118 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 4, 1781, Los Angeles was founded by Spanish settlers under the leadership of Governor Felipe de Neve.

On this date:

In 1888, George Eastman received a patent for his roll-film box camera, and registered his trademark: “Kodak.”

In 1944, during World War II, British troops liberated Antwerp, Belgium.

In 1957, Arkansas Gov. Orval Faubus used Arkansas National Guardsmen to prevent nine Black students from entering all-white Central High School in Little Rock. Ford Motor Co. began selling its ill-fated Edsel.

In 1962, The Beatles, with new drummer Ringo Starr, recorded “Love Me Do” at EMI Studios in London. (The more familiar version with substitute drummer Andy White and Starr on tambourine was recorded a week later.)

In 1969, the Food and Drug Administration issued a report calling birth control pills “safe,” despite a slight risk of fatal blood-clotting disorders linked to the pills.

In 1971, an Alaska Airlines jet crashed near Juneau, killing all 111 people on board.

In 1974, the United States established diplomatic relations with East Germany.

In 1998, Internet services company Google filed for incorporation in California.

In 1999, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat signed a breakthrough land-for-security agreement during a ceremony in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.

In 2006, “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin, 44, died after a stingray’s barb pierced his chest.

In 2014, comedian Joan Rivers died at a New York hospital at age 81, a week after going into cardiac arrest in a doctor’s office during a routine medical procedure.

In 2018, Amazon became the second publicly-traded company to reach $1 trillion in market value, following closely behind Apple. Comic actor Bill Daily, the sidekick to leading men on TV’s “I Dream of Jeannie” and “The Bob Newhart Show,” died in New Mexico at the age of 91.

Ten years ago: Protesters hurled shoes and eggs at Tony Blair in Dublin, Ireland, as he held the first public signing of his memoir as British prime minister amid high security. Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Paul Conrad, 86, died in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Five years ago: Hosting Saudi Arabia’s new monarch for the first time, President Barack Obama said the U.S. shared King Salman’s desire for an inclusive, functioning government in Yemen; their talks also addressed the Iran nuclear deal, a source of lingering tension in the U.S.-Saudi relationship. Hundreds of migrants, exhausted after breaking away from police and marching for hours toward Western Europe, boarded buses provided by Hungary’s government after Austria and Germany said they would let them in.

One year ago: During an Oval Office meeting, President Donald Trump displayed a map of the National Hurricane Center forecast for nearly a week earlier that showed that Hurricane Dorian could track over Florida; the map included what appeared to be a hand-drawn half-circle that extended the cone of uncertainty over part of Alabama. (Trump had been publicly corrected by the National Weather Service after he had tweeted that Alabama would be among the states that would likely be hit “harder than anticipated.”) A list of spending projects released by the Pentagon showed that officials would be cutting funding from projects including schools, target ranges and maintenance facilities to pay for the construction of 175 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border; a total of $3.6 billion would be diverted to the barrier.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6