CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 9/3/2020  (Read 2140 times)

Threebean

Re: 9/3/2020
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 09:49:34 AM »

Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 09:49:48 AM »

Happy Jammin' Thursday.
Keep an eye out for that La Barba sampler on the Jam Tony.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »

Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
Morning SoggyGreenBean.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 09:56:04 AM »

Happy Jammin' Thursday.
Keep an eye out for that La Barba sampler on the Jam Tony.
I still have an outstanding bid. Let's see how that one turns out.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 09:56:37 AM »

Morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dean and Raz.
Good morning, ClemsonDave and Mark.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 10:22:33 AM »

New normal.  The missus has to report to the school now, even though the students are still remote, and the live-in niece needs transport to work at 8:00am.  So for me to start work at 7am, I have to be out the shower by 6:20.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »

New normal.  The missus has to report to the school now, even though the students are still remote, and the live-in niece needs transport to work at 8:00am.  So for me to start work at 7am, I have to be out the shower by 6:20.
I can relate to all that.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »

Speak of the devil, La Barba sampler jammin' now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 11:56:16 AM »

I had a feeling....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »

Tony better not have missed it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 12:50:46 PM »

Crowd seems to be a bunch of one and done's....still on page two at 1:00, sheesh.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »

Will probably make a reappearance this evening then.  (second chance for when Tony gives his excuse why his missed them the first time).

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

Will probably make a reappearance this evening then.  (second chance for when Tony gives his excuse why his missed them the first time).
He already said he was waiting on a bid he's already got on them at the devil.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 01:13:41 PM »

Today is Thursday, Sept. 3, the 247th day of 2020.
There are 119 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 3, 2005, President George W. Bush ordered more than 7,000 active duty forces to the Gulf Coast as his administration intensified efforts to rescue Katrina survivors and send aid to the hurricane-ravaged region in the face of criticism it did not act quickly enough.

On this date:

In 1609, English explorer Henry Hudson and his crew aboard the Half Moon entered present-day New York Harbor and began sailing up the river that now bears his name. (They reached present-day Albany before turning back.)

In 1861, during the Civil War, Confederate forces invaded the border state of Kentucky, which had declared its neutrality in the conflict.

In 1939, Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand declared war on Germany, two days after the Nazi invasion of Poland; in a radio address, Britain’s King George VI said, “With God’s help, we shall prevail.” The same day, a German U-boat torpedoed and sank the British liner SS Athenia some 250 miles off the Irish coast, killing more than 100 out of the 1,400 or so people on board.

In 1943, Allied forces invaded Italy during World War II, the same day Italian officials signed a secret armistice with the Allies.

In 1967, Nguyen Van Thieu (nwen van too) was elected president of South Vietnam under a new constitution.

In 1970, legendary football coach Vince Lombardi, 57, died in Washington, D.C.

In 1976, America’s Viking 2 lander touched down on Mars to take the first close-up, color photographs of the red planet’s surface.

In 1978, Pope John Paul I was installed as the 264th pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church.

In 1995, the online auction site eBay was founded in San Jose, California, by Pierre Omidyar under the name “AuctionWeb.”

In 1999, a French judge closed a two-year inquiry into the car crash that killed Princess Diana, dismissing all charges against nine photographers and a press motorcyclist, and concluding the accident was caused by an inebriated driver.

In 2003, Paul Hill, a former minister who said he murdered an abortion doctor and his bodyguard to save the lives of unborn babies, was executed in Florida by injection, becoming the first person put to death in the United States for anti-abortion violence.

In 2012, Sun Myung Moon, 92, a self-proclaimed messiah who founded the Unification Church, died in Gapeyeong, South Korea. Prolific character actor Michael Clarke Duncan, 54, died in Los Angeles.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »

Ten years ago: Defense Secretary Robert Gates toured U.S. bases and war zones in Afghanistan, saying he saw and heard evidence that the American counterinsurgency strategy was taking hold in critical Kandahar province. The Fox network announced that Kara DioGuardi was stepping down as one of the judges on “American Idol,” following the departures of Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres.

Five years ago: A federal judge jailed Rowan County, Kentucky, Clerk Kim Davis for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, but five of her deputies agreed to issue the licenses themselves, potentially ending the church-state standoff. (Davis was freed five days later.) Tom Brady had his four-game “Deflategate” suspension lifted after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman criticized NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for dispensing “his own brand of industrial justice.” Judy Carne, 76, a star of the comedy show “Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In,” died at Northampton General Hospital in England.

One year ago: Relief officials reported scenes of utter ruin in parts of the Bahamas from Hurricane Dorian, the most powerful storm on record ever to hit the islands. Walmart said it would stop selling ammunition for handguns and short-barrel rifles, and the store chain requested that customers not openly carry firearms in its stores; the announcement followed a shooting at a Walmart store in Texas that left 22 people dead. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson suffered a major defeat in Parliament as rebellious lawmakers voted to seize control of the Brexit agenda; they sought to keep Britain from leaving the EU without a deal in place.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4