CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/2/2020  (Read 3155 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 9/2/2020
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 08:50:00 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
the RazMan is in the house. morning Brett.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »

For curiosity sake here's the new compressor. Finishing things up ATM
nice work. I remember when I first started working for DOT, they had great mechanics, always busy, always fixing mechanical issues, proud of what they did. then the powers that be decided it was more cost effective to replace parts instead of repairing them. quality went down, morale tanked, and DOT lowered mechanic test requirements. we ended up with a bunch of uneducated parts replacers.
That's what happens in every industry. Automechanics are a prime example. Probably because cars are more computer than vehicle today. But generally speaking, we are a disposable society.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 09:05:28 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Happy humping to you, Bret.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 09:19:36 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
the RazMan is in the house. morning Brett.
Morning, Deano.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 09:21:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Happy humping to you, Bret.
Humps to you, humps to me, humps to everybody!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »

nice work. I remember when I first started working for DOT, they had great mechanics, always busy, always fixing mechanical issues, proud of what they did. then the powers that be decided it was more cost effective to replace parts instead of repairing them. quality went down, morale tanked, and DOT lowered mechanic test requirements. we ended up with a bunch of uneducated parts replacers.
That's what happens in every industry. Automechanics are a prime example. Probably because cars are more computer than vehicle today. But generally speaking, we are a disposable society.
I spent another $840 this weekend on my car to replace both sets of brakes, that car isn't getting disposed for a long time now. :D

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2020, 09:27:20 AM »

I spent another $840 this weekend on my car to replace both sets of brakes, that car isn't getting disposed for a long time now. :D
ouch.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 09:35:18 AM »

ouch.
Think of it as a few car payments. Now hopefully you won't have another one for a long while.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2020, 09:35:47 AM »

ouch.
Such is the price of having an older car with no car payment.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2020, 09:36:02 AM »

ouch.
Think of it as a few car payments. Now hopefully you won't have another one for a long while.
LALTS, exactly.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2020, 09:41:43 AM »

ouch.
LALTS, exactly.
I'd like to get new tires but the cost since the pandemic has gone up way too much. may have to wait for the next stimulus check, but I won't hold my hand on my ass waiting.

Threebean

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »

ouch.
LALTS, exactly.
I'd like to get new tires but the cost since the pandemic has gone up way too much. may have to wait for the next stimulus check, but I won't hold my hand on my ass waiting.
How was the cost of tires affected by the Wuhan?  Nobody's driving anywhere, seems like demand would drop.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2020, 10:30:50 AM »

ouch.
LALTS, exactly.
How was the cost of tires affected by the Wuhan?  Nobody's driving anywhere, seems like demand would drop.
you would think. maybe they were like TP.

Threebean

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »

ouch.
LALTS, exactly.
you would think. maybe they were like TP.
Yeah, tire hoarding is a thing.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6