CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 8/26/2020  (Read 2931 times)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/26/2020
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »

good morning 3Daves, a Tony, and a RazMan.
paid a bunch of bills, got an Attitude Adjustment, did my shopping, even bought some sandwiches, chips, and a few cold drinks for the panhandler on the corner. don't think too kindly of me though, by the time I got done shopping he was gone and nowhere in sight. good thing I bought him stuff I like. (this has happened in the past before)
he must have gotten enough for a trip to the beverage store.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »

paid a bunch of bills, got an Attitude Adjustment, did my shopping, even bought some sandwiches, chips, and a few cold drinks for the panhandler on the corner. don't think too kindly of me though, by the time I got done shopping he was gone and nowhere in sight. good thing I bought him stuff I like. (this has happened in the past before)
I had to drive my friend MacGuyver to the airport at 3:30 this morning, which is seriously messing with my schedule today.  He's headed to Minnesota for his mom's funeral.
Sorry to hear about MacGuyver's mom.
Yeah, me too.  His mom was a sweetheart.  So is his dad.  So this is hard.

Y'all don't really know my friends, so I always give them descriptive sobriquets here. "MacGuyver's" real name is Dan.  I call him MacGuyver (as do most of our mutual friends) because he's one of those guys that can fix anything, and always does it elegantly, even when he's improvising.  His wife is battling cancer, and short of a miracle she'll be gone herself in a couple of years or less.  So Dan's fighting on several fronts right now.  Not fun.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »

I had to drive my friend MacGuyver to the airport at 3:30 this morning, which is seriously messing with my schedule today.  He's headed to Minnesota for his mom's funeral.
your schedule seems a bit unimportant to MacGuyver's. he's in my prayers.
Indeed.  I'm not complaining.  I owe him a lot of favors.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »

Morning Raz and Dean with Bean nowhere to be seen... ???
Morning, TD.  I sent you a couple of PMs.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2020, 11:22:25 AM »

Was still a nice gesture, final delivery notwithstanding.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2020, 11:22:49 AM »

Y'all don't really know my friends, so I always give them descriptive sobriquets here. "MacGuyver's" real name is Dan.  I call him MacGuyver (as do most of our mutual friends) because he's one of those guys that can fix anything, and always does it elegantly, even when he's improvising.  His wife is battling cancer, and short of a miracle she'll be gone herself in a couple of years or less.  So Dan's fighting on several fronts right now.  Not fun.
Oof. 2020 is hitting him like a ton of bricks.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2020, 11:25:25 AM »

Morning StartEmUpDave, HumpedDryAndHardTony and HennyOy.
i got to see Henny Youngman on Miami Beach back in 1970’s . Played in a movie theater for about $5 a seat and he killed, it was great, I still remember it well. Take my wife......Please!
I once got asked on short notice to play a solo set in the basement dive venue that used to exist in the University of Arizona student union.  So I did a 45 minute set of acoustic blues.  Turns out I was opening for Dizzy Gillespie.  I about shit myself when I found out.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »

Scorcher going on at the Page today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »

Morning StartEmUpDave, HumpedDryAndHardTony and HennyOy.
i got to see Henny Youngman on Miami Beach back in 1970’s . Played in a movie theater for about $5 a seat and he killed, it was great, I still remember it well. Take my wife......Please!
I once got asked on short notice to play a solo set in the basement dive venue that used to exist in the University of Arizona student union.  So I did a 45 minute set of acoustic blues.  Turns out I was opening for Dizzy Gillespie.  I about shit myself when I found out.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2020, 11:27:01 AM »

As did 2018 and 2019.  He's been under strain for a while now.  We look out for him.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »

Morning Raz and Dean with Bean nowhere to be seen... ???
the Beaner may be packing his cigars and relocating, or stuck in traffic.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »

Good to have friends like you.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:22 AM »

Was still a nice gesture, final delivery notwithstanding.
one time when I gave a lady a sandwich, chips, and a drink she opened up her backpack and had enough in there to last me weeks. she was probably doing the 'shopping' for those who couldn't get out of the jungle.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »

Good to have friends like you.
yeah. how do I get to have a friend like you? 👊

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »

your schedule seems a bit unimportant to MacGuyver's. he's in my prayers.
Indeed.  I'm not complaining.  I owe him a lot of favors.
Friends
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5