Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
8/20/2020
« on: August 20, 2020, 12:01:08 AM »

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 05:23:20 AM »

good morning guys. I have a meeting at 6:30am and afterwards I think I'll load the kayak and head out for a different type of water therapy.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 05:31:02 AM »

good morning guys. I have a meeting at 6:30am and afterwards I think I'll load the kayak and head out for a different type of water therapy.
Good morning. Enjoy your day Dean.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »

Good catch by Ogie yesterday.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 05:39:02 AM »

good morning guys. I have a meeting at 6:30am and afterwards I think I'll load the kayak and head out for a different type of water therapy.
Morning, EarlyRisingDean.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 05:39:22 AM »

good morning guys. I have a meeting at 6:30am and afterwards I think I'll load the kayak and head out for a different type of water therapy.
Morning, EarlyRisingDean.
And Rick, as well.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 05:39:57 AM »

Good catch by Ogie yesterday.
He's always stalking, just rarely posting.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 06:59:12 AM »

good morning guys. I have a meeting at 6:30am and afterwards I think I'll load the kayak and head out for a different type of water therapy.
Morning, EarlyRisingDean.
And Rick, as well.
Good morning Dave.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 07:36:53 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG. Been a busy morning already. Should be on easy street by noon though. Let's see.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 08:06:10 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG. Been a busy morning already. Should be on easy street by noon though. Let's see.
That definitely sounds good, hope it pans out.

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 08:07:30 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG. Been a busy morning already. Should be on easy street by noon though. Let's see.
That definitely sounds good, hope it pans out.
Easy street without the money. I should have been more clear.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 08:17:11 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG. Been a busy morning already. Should be on easy street by noon though. Let's see.
That definitely sounds good, hope it pans out.
Easy street without the money. I should have been more clear.
Could be worse, could be Difficult Ave, also with no money.

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »

Speaking of money, I just gave a down payment to a contractor coming next week to replace the siding on my house (the house is mostly brick with only the attic peeks in siding). The contractor is also cutting a hole to install a window in the attic where there currently isn't one. While they're at it, they will repair the roof and chimney cap that suffered damage in recent storms.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 08:58:04 AM »

Morning Dean, Rick, Dave, and Tony.  Slow start this morning...

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »

Today is Thursday, Aug. 20, the 233rd day of 2020. There are 133 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On August 20, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Economic Opportunity Act, a nearly $1 billion anti-poverty measure.

On this date:
In 1862, the New York Tribune published an open letter by editor Horace Greeley calling on President Abraham Lincoln to take more aggressive measures to free the slaves and end the South’s rebellion.
In 1920, pioneering American radio station 8MK in Detroit (later WWJ) began daily broadcasting.
In 1940, exiled Communist revolutionary Leon Trotsky was assassinated in Coyoacan, Mexico by Ramon Mercader, a Spanish Communist agent working at the behest of Josef Stalin. (Trotsky died the next day.)

In 1953, the Soviet Union publicly acknowledged it had tested a hydrogen bomb.
In 1955, hundreds of people were killed in anti-French rioting in Morocco and Algeria.
In 1968, the Soviet Union and other Warsaw Pact nations began invading Czechoslovakia to crush the “Prague Spring” liberalization drive.

In 1981, Michael Devine, a member of the Irish National Liberation Army, died after a 60-day hunger strike at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland; he was the tenth and last hunger-striker to die that year.
In 1986, postal employee Patrick Henry Sherrill went on a deadly rampage at a post office in Edmond, Okla., shooting 14 fellow workers to death before killing himself.
In 1989, entertainment executive Jose Menendez and his wife, Kitty, were shot to death in their Beverly Hills mansion by their sons, Lyle and Erik. Fifty-one people died when a pleasure boat sank in the River Thames (tehmz) in London after colliding with a dredger.

In 2005, Northwest Airlines mechanics went on strike rather than accept pay cuts and layoffs; Northwest ended up hiring replacement workers. San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Thomas Herrion, 23, died of a heart attack shortly after a preseason game against the Denver Broncos.
In 2008, a Spanish jetliner crashed during takeoff from Madrid, killing 154 people; 18 survived.
In 2017, actor, comic and longtime telethon host Jerry Lewis died of heart disease in Las Vegas at the age of 91.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4