CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: 7/30/2020  (Read 5726 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 7/30/2020
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »

Today is Thursday, July 30, the 212th day of 2020. There are 154 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

In 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a measure making “In God We Trust” the national motto, replacing “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one).

Very interesting. I'd vote to change it back.
Amen to that.
In that case, I take it back. . No but seriously, I'm God fearing and all but I feel like this contradicts separation of church and state.
people came to this country to escape religious prosecution only to learn one nation under God. although I don't see many leaving this country for a better place to live elsewhere. not much you can't do in this country compared to others. even though freedom isn't free, there's a few generations who know not what that means.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 09:30:12 AM »

Today is Thursday, July 30, the 212th day of 2020. There are 154 days left in the year.

In 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a measure making “In God We Trust” the national motto, replacing “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one).

Amen to that.
In that case, I take it back. . No but seriously, I'm God fearing and all but I feel like this contradicts separation of church and state.
LALTS, you think?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 09:30:59 AM »

Amen to that.
people came to this country to escape religious prosecution only to learn one nation under God. although I don't see many leaving this country for a better place to live elsewhere. not much you can't do in this country compared to others. even though freedom isn't free, there's a few generations who know not what that means.
Plus, even if they wanted to leave right now, they can't, because there's nowhere we can go. ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 09:32:26 AM »

Amen to that.
Plus, even if they wanted to leave right now, they can't, because there's nowhere we can go. ;)
In fact, I have a friend from high school that lives in Ireland, and even though she's been there for years, she can't go anywhere else in Europe, because she's still technically an American.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »

Amen to that.
I feel unwanted and unappreciated!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »

Amen to that.
so long as you update us on the news and Bean's rappers you'll always have a place here. 🤣

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »

Amen to that.
so long as you update us on the news and Bean's rappers you'll always have a place here. 🤣
CNS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »

Amen to that.
They just want to avoid us like the plague, which has taken on a whole new meaning this year. :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 10:08:48 AM »

Amen to that.
so long as you update us on the news and Bean's rappers you'll always have a place here.
Amén.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »

Amen to that.
In fact, I have a friend from high school that lives in Ireland, and even though she's been there for years, she can't go anywhere else in Europe, because she's still technically an American.
Ireland or Northern Ireland?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »

Amen to that.
Ireland or Northern Ireland?
I'm like 95% sure it's Northern Ireland.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »

Gurkha's up on the Jam (it's only fitting!).  Speaking of Gurkha's, CI offering a tactical cigar case and backpack with the featured Gurkha purchase. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:28 AM »

Herman Cain has died due to #FakeRona.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 10:50:29 AM »

Perusing the CI new cigar listings....

La Palina Regal Reserve Connecticut

Man O' War Dark Aged Maduro

La Palina Regal Reserve Oscuro

Camacho Liberty Series 2020  6 x 60 box pressed...I remember when they all used to be 11/18s....

RoMa Craft Baka  (Cameroon)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »

La Palina Black and Bronze BOGO 5ers at Atlantic this week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9