Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »

CI Legends by Drew Estate
10 Toro / $39.99

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2020, 11:02:12 AM »

Bunch of new Fratello's as well it seems; Camo Blu Maduro, Camo Rosso Habano and Camo Verde Connecticut.

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2020, 11:02:55 AM »

With a little bit of black Sharpie, these labels could be interesting.

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2020, 11:05:38 AM »

Today is Thursday, July 30, the 212th day of 2020. There are 154 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

In 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a measure making “In God We Trust” the national motto, replacing “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one).

Very interesting. I'd vote to change it back.
Amen to that.
In that case, I take it back. . No but seriously, I'm God fearing and all but I feel like this contradicts separation of church and state.
LALTS, you think?
"Separation of Church and State" is a descriptor of a legal concept, not a law that can be contradicted or violated.  What you mean to suggest, perhaps, is that it "violates the establishment clause." But the Supreme Court has long held that it doesn't, which is to say, the SCOTUS says you're both wrong.  Not that I particularly care, mind you.

Also, while it didn't become the national motto until 1956, it first started appearing on the money in 1864, and originates, of course, in the fourth verse of the national anthem, ca 1814.

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2020, 11:07:30 AM »

EPC now making a cigar for Villager.  Who hasn't he worked with now?

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »

Today is Thursday, July 30, the 212th day of 2020. There are 154 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

In 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a measure making “In God We Trust” the national motto, replacing “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of many, one).

Very interesting. I'd vote to change it back.
Amen to that.
In that case, I take it back. . No but seriously, I'm God fearing and all but I feel like this contradicts separation of church and state.
LALTS, you think?
"Separation of Church and State" is a descriptor of a legal concept, not a law that can be violated.  What you mean to suggest, perhaps, is that it "violates the establishment clause." But the Supreme Court has long held that it doesn't, which is to say, the SCOTUS says you're both wrong.  Not that I particularly care, mind you.

Also, while it didn't become the national motto until 1956, it first started appearing on the money in 1864, and originates, of course, in the fourth verse of the national anthem, ca 1814.
Mr. Raz bursts forth as a font of historical info.
Good morning sir!

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2020, 11:09:35 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »

[...]

I just get annoyed when people make pat pronouncements about things when they haven't looked at the history or legal precedent or whatever.  My fellow Christians have historically been really bad about doing this, but progressive Democrats have caught right up to them in the past three decades.

"In God We Trust" didn't "replace" E Pluribus Unum.  That was never officially a motto of the United States.

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »

[...]

I loves me a good edumaction. A lot of things happened in 1814, that doesn't make them correct. So now, GFY.

Also, you should know that I was kneeling while reading your post.

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »

[...]

In other words, ClemsonDave posted #FakeNews ?

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »

[...]

Why is that?  The boss lady giving you the once over?

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2020, 11:30:34 AM »

[...]

But did it not physically replace it on currency?

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2020, 11:31:57 AM »

CI Legends by Drew Estate
10 Toro / $39.99

Oliva 10er Sampler
10 asst./37.50

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2020, 11:32:13 AM »

[...]

Why?  Were you nauseated or something?

No, being historical doesn't make things correct.  But when the SCOTUS says something is constitutional, it is.

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »

[...]

Unless Trumpf disagrees... ;)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9