Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2020, 01:42:27 PM »

sad indeed.

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/remington-arms-bankruptcy-surging-gun-demand?cmpid=FNC_app
Just a little hard to understand.  Must be something wrong with the business model....
The lawsuit isn't even happening yet, and insurance will help buffer that when it does.

There are almost certainly management and business model issues. Remington is considered rather stodgy, and not on the cutting edge. But the lawsuit hangs over that, as they are shying away from the kinds of promotion that other firms are doing because that is what the lawsuit is focused on.

Regardless, their big problem is managing debt. They've been trying to expand by acquiring, and doing that with debt, but they haven't figured out how to increase sales to cover the debt. So they are sensitive to market swings. That's where their stodginess hurts them. Their acquisition of Bushmaster is a classic example. Bushmaster was a huge brand in the early 2000s, because Colt had mostly dropped out of the civilian AR-15 marketplace. So Remington bought Bushmaster, then moved manufacturing to New York, mostly laying everyone off at the original manufacturing facility. It was smart business, right? Not really. They misread how firearms owners and enthusiasts think. There were some quality control hiccups, and meanwhile the AR market saturated with makers aggressively moving sexier designs, and there was a huge influx of manufacturers moving custom parts, and then the founder of Bushmaster turned around after his non-compete clause expired and restarted manufacture at the old factory with his old crew under the name Windham. The Bushmaster brand is now considered third-rate to brands like Noveske, Sig, Aero Precision, and others. And Colt and HK still have a lock on the military contracts.

And none of this is surprising because private equity firms mostly understand money, not marketing.
Even they should figure out how to restructure debt with the current near 0% interest rate....  Probably better off selling off their better lines.  Others could probably do well with them.
I expect restructuring is what this round of Chapter 11 is about.

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
No, but if you're that curious, I can give him your email.
I'm good....got my own framed and decorating the bathroom wall.   ;)   ;D
A motivational poster for your bunghole.

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
No, but if you're that curious, I can give him your email.
I'm good....got my own framed and decorating the bathroom wall.   ;)   ;D
A motivational poster for your bunghole.
And clean as a whistle!

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2020, 01:51:14 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
Speaking of 5x7. Thanks to LTG for finding some old pics
holy crap. I was in much better shape back then.
Also 8 years younger.
that was a great weekend.
Yeah we sure had fun!

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
No, but if you're that curious, I can give him your email.
I'm good....got my own framed and decorating the bathroom wall.   ;)   ;D
A motivational poster for your bunghole.
And clean as a whistle!
We promise to take your word for it.

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
No, but if you're that curious, I can give him your email.
I'm good....got my own framed and decorating the bathroom wall.   ;)   ;D
A motivational poster for your bunghole.
And clean as a whistle!
That was FAR more information than I needed or wanted.

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2020, 02:14:08 PM »

Just missed page 8 yesterday.  got to work a little harder...
Sorry.  I had to take my brother to the hospital for an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. Disrupted my schedule.
Did he get some 5 x 7's for you?
No, but if you're that curious, I can give him your email.
I'm good....got my own framed and decorating the bathroom wall.   ;)   ;D
A motivational poster for your bunghole.
And clean as a whistle!
That was FAR more information than I needed or wanted.
Thats what we strive for here, exceed expectations ( for better or worse)

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2020, 02:17:24 PM »

Nipple tip Rose of Sharon and some Pinot Grigio for the afternoon.

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »

Nipple tip Rose of Sharon and some Pinot Grigio for the afternoon.
Better visual than your bathroom art, at least.

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2020, 02:59:04 PM »

Nipple tip Rose of Sharon and some Pinot Grigio for the afternoon.
Pinot Grigio? You are full of surprises, aren't you?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7